Time they say is money can be your greatest ally or your worst foe. You could make some costly decisions if you don't comprehend the value of time and how rapidly it goes. Here are 10 money blunders to avoid in order to put yourself up for a bright financial future and avoid unnecessary frustrations that comes with it.
1. Not starting a budget. Too many people heavily depend on their salary not because they don't earn enough money, but because they don't learn how to control their finances. Starting a budget is the most effective strategy to gain immediate financial control. Budgets do not have to be limiting. You still have money to spend on the things you desire. All you have to do now is set aside money for it. When it comes to budgeting, the younger you are when you start, the better.
2. In life sometimes, things are not always going to go according to how you want it. There may be unforeseen circumstances. You are putting yourself up to fail if you do not prepare yourself to weather a financial emergency. Creating an emergency fund might assist you in getting through difficult times.You should create for yourself an emergency fund so that when an emergency arises, as it will, you will be able to deal with it without having to worry about where the money will come from.
3. Not living within your means. People often do lament on how quickly their salaries get used up within the few weeks of payment. The truth is you don't need to have everything all at once.By prioritizing your needs over your wants will do you a lot of good. Also learn to bargain when buying to always get good deals on anything you buy.
4. Not investing. Investing your money rightly is the only sure way to gain you the financial freedom you want. There are many investment schemes out there and your job is to critically research and make the right investment for yourself as your interest compounds over time. Nevertheless be mindful of quick rich investment opportunities as many of such schemes do not stand the test of time and you may lose your hard earned money.
5. Breaking the bank for your wedding. Having a giant wedding is a dream for most couples. Have the financial muscle to fund a big wedding shouldn't cause any problem however, going in for your life savings or huge loans to fund a giant marriage will definitely come at a price later in life.
6. Procrastinating. With the above mentioned, the only thing that can stop you from making the right miney choices and taking action immediately is yourself. You should always plan an take the needed actions quickly rather than continue postponement of anything you have to do. This does not only help you financially but also helps you achieve every goal you set in life.
Content created and supplied by: 1Young (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More