Top 10 Most Expensive Dog Breeds
Irish Wolfhound | $1,500 – $2,000
- Irish Wolfhounds are considered to be gentle giants and can be great pets in the right household, but due to their large size and strength they may not be suited to everyone. Although they seem fairly chilled out, they need plenty of exercise and space to stretch out.
Akita | $1,500 – $4,500. Saluki | $2,500 – $5,000.
- The Akita is a large breed of dog originating from the mountainous regions of northern Japan. There are two separate varieties of Akita: a Japanese strain, commonly called Akita Inu or Japanese Akita, and an American strain, known as the Akita or American Akita
Pharaoh Hound | $2,500 – $6,000.
- The Pharaoh Hound is a Maltese breed of hunting dog. In Maltese it is called Kelb tal-Fenek, which means "rabbit dog"; it is traditionally used for hunting rabbit in the rocky terrain of the Maltese Islands.
Tibetan Mastiff | $2,200 – $7000.
- The Tibetan mastiff is a large Tibetan dog breed. Its double coat is long, subject to climate, and found in a wide variety of colors, including solid black, black and tan, various shades of red and bluish-gray, often with white and blue markings.
Rottweiler | $2,000 – $8,000.
- The Rottweiler is a breed of domestic dog, regarded as medium-to-large or large. The dogs were known in German as Rottweiler Metzgerhund, meaning Rottweil butchers' dogs, because their main use was to herd livestock and pull carts laden with butchered meat to market.
Lowchen | $5,000 – $8,000.
- The Löwchen or Little Lion Dog is a breed of small dog. The Löwchen once had the dubious distinction, like the Portuguese Water Dog and the Havanese, of being the rarest dog in the world. In 1973 there were only 65 registered examples of the breed.
ChowChow | $3,000 -$8,500.
- The Chow Chow is a dog breed originally from northern China. The Chow Chow is a sturdily built dog, square in profile, with a broad skull and small, triangular, erect ears with rounded tips. The breed is known for a very dense double coat that is either smooth or rough.
English Bulldog | $2,500 -$9,000.
- The Bulldog, also known as the English Bulldog or British Bulldog, is a medium-sized dog breed. It is a muscular, hefty dog with a wrinkled face and a distinctive pushed-in nose. The Kennel Club, the American Kennel Club, and the United Kennel Club oversee breeding records.
Samoyed | $4,000 -$11,000. Based on global date.
- The Samoyed is a breed of medium-sized herding dogs with thick, white, double-layer coats. They are related to the laika, a spitz-type dog. It takes its name from the Samoyedic peoples of Siberia. These nomadic reindeer herders bred the fluffy white dogs to help with herding.
If you liked this article please like,comment,share and follow my account for educative,entertaining and historical articles.
Content created and supplied by: skreof (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More