Parliament has approved twelve (12) ministerial and deputy ministerial nominees of president Nana Akufo-Addo.
The nominees were approved by consensus by the Appointment Committee of Parliament.
They were subsequently approved by a unanimous voice vote in the chamber.
Prior to the vetting, the Minority had hinted of rejecting the approval of Mr Charles Adu-Boahen as a minister of state at the Finance Ministry over the role of his company in Ghana’s bond transactions.
The approved nominees are:
1. Mr Charles Kofi Asare Adu-Boahen- Finance
2. Hon. Benito Owusu-Bio- Lands and Natural Resources
3. Hon. Augustine Collins Ntim- Local Government, Decentralisation and Rural Development.
4. Hon. Osei Bonsu Amoah- Local Government, Decentralisation and Rural Development.
5. Hon. William Owuraku Aidoo-Energy 6. Hon. Abena Osei-Asare- Finance
6. Hon. Yaw Frimpong Addo- Food and Agriculture
7. Hon. Kwaku Asante Boateng- Railway Development.
8. Hon. Ama Pomaa Boateng- Communications and Digitalization
9. Hon. Kwaku Ampratwum Sarpong- Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration.
10. Hon. Moses Anim- Fisheries and Aquaculture Development
11. Hon. Nana Dokua Asiamah-Adjei- Trade and Industry.
Content created and supplied by: A-news (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More