Before you proceed with this article kindly follow me by clicking on the follow option
It was a mass political party and very radical in nature with its slogan being the infamous "Self government now" and the "evening news" serving as its official mouth pins.
The "red cockerel" used as its symbol and Kojo Bonsio was its first general secretary.
AIMS OF THE C.P.P
1. To fight relentlessly by all constitutional means to achieve self government for the chiefs and people of Gold coast
2. To secure and maintained complete unity of the chiefs and people of the colony, Ashanti, northern territories and trans volta Togo-land
3. To work for the proper reconstruction of the Gold coast
4. To work with other nationalist and socialist movements in Africa and other continent with the view of abolishing colonialism, imperialism, racialism and all forms of racial oppression and economic inequalities among racist and people to support all nations for world peace
5. To support and demand for the West African federation and pan africanism by promoting unity of action among the people of Africa descent.
ACHIEVEMENTS OF THE C.P.P
1. It was able to achieve independence for the Gold coast
2. In the areas of education, the free basic education was extended to children of school going age
3. It Witness massive infrastructural development e.g Tema motor way, Akosombo dam and rail ways
4. It also championed the deliberation of other African countries from the shackles of colonialism. This resulted in good neighborliness with Togo, Mali and Guinea
5. There was a massive housing infrastructure due to the establishment of Ghana housing cooperation
6. It also achieved free medical care for the citizens
7. And finally, achieved the massive industrializations.
FAILURES OF THE C.P.P
1. Firstly, the Party established a dictatorship system and suppressed the opposition and also denied the citizens their human right and freedom
2. The C.P.P indulged in economic mismanagement which manifested in the funding of ambitions or prestigious project
3. The policies of the party led to the shortage of essential commodities inflation and high cost of living
4. The party, particularly Nkrumah was more preoccupied with foreign policy especially, with the issue of continental African unity than with domestic issues bothering citizens
5. And finally, the party disregarded traditional institutions and chiefs who consequently denied the party their support.
Thank you for reading my article just complete this by liking and commenting on it below
Content created and supplied by: jjlobationisamaestro (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More