There have been many funeral ceremony in Ghana both individuals and public funeral ceremony. People have spent alot to bury their love ones. Some funeral ceremony can include special people like the head of state and staff, kings and queens, billionaires and millionaires and other dignities as well.
In the history of Ghana, Madam Abena Achiaa, the mother of Nick Danso funeral was recorded as the most expensive individual funeral in Ghana.
Check the most expensive individual funeral in Ghana.
Madam Abena Achiaa, the mother of Nick Danso funeral was recorded as the most expensive individual funeral in Ghana. The funeral was held at Nkoranza in the Brong-Ahafo region in Ghana. Madam Abena Achiaa died on the 16th March 2016 at the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital.
At the funeral place, the former President John Mahama with his wife Lordina Mahama, the current Vice President of Ghana, Dr Mahamudu Bawumia and other dignitaries from outside Ghana also witnessed the funeral ceremony. This shows that Mr. Nick Danso Abeam’s is indeed a man of influence.
Madam Abena Achiaa's body was flown in helicopter from Accra to Nkoranza where she heils from. Experience cars like landcrusers and other lined up to take the body from the helicopter to her family house.
Why this funeral is the most expensive funeral in Ghana
1. The casket which was used to bury Madam Abena Achiaa was an upgraded vision of the coffin which was used to bury the popular musician Michael Jackson.
This coffin is perceived to be the most expensive used coffin in the world. The cost of the coffin both shipping was about $75,000 which is ₵43,350.00.
2. Friends of Mr. Nick and colleagues also witnessed the funeral ceremony. In fact one of them even gave out $200,000 to the family which is ₵1,156,000.00
3. The companies owned by Mr. Nick Danso also presented a total sum of GHC7 billion at the funeral ceremony.
4. Key dignitaries including the sister of Sierra Leone President was there, the Congo President was also there, representative of Asante hene Otumfuo Osei Tutu ll, Former President Kuffour, Vice President Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia and then time President John Dramani Mahama were also present at the ceremony.
5. Legendary high life celebrities were aslo present.
This shows that the funeral ceremony is the most expensive funeral ceremony in the history of Ghana with no doubt.
Content created and supplied by: NanaYawMakanaky (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More