Please, I'm not being sardonic with this article just that, some soi-disant journalists in Ghana are foils and failing this country. I have carefully followed and fetch information about the so-called broadcast journalist named Paul Adom-Otchere has seen that, he is an error journalist. That man does not broadcast meaningful issues that would address national dilemmas but always pushes party's agendas.
Checking the full list of the council of state members who received the GHC 365k Ex-Gratia, hmm! This amount could be used to build and complete the 5, 403 schools under trees in Ghana.
Now, let's check the list and calculate the total amount paid to them; the Council of State is made up of 10 elected members (official) and 14 appointed members (ex-official).
The elected members.
1. Greater Accra: Nii Kotie Dzani, Greater Accra Region, the Chief Executive Officer of the Ideal Group of Companies.
2. Ashanti: Nana Owusu Achiaw Brempong, a 63-year-old Chief of Agona Akrofoso and an entrepreneur.
3. Western: Ms. Eunice Jacqueline Buah, a 52-year-old businesswoman of Takoradi.
4. Upper East: Tongo- Rana Kubilson Nalebgtang, Paramount Chief of the To go Traditional Area.
5. Upper West: Kuoro Richard Babini Kanton IV, Paramount Chief of the Tumu Traditional Area.
6. Eastern: Nana Somuah Mireku, a 63-year-old accountant.
7. Brong Ahafo: Mr. Kodwo Agyenim-Boateng, a 73-year-old retired public servant.
8. Volta: Mr. Francis Albert Seth Nyonyo, a 50-year-old oil and gas dealer from Anloga.
9. Northern: Bo-Na Professor Yakubu S. Nantogma, a 74-year-old Chief of Bogu, near Savelugu in the Northern Region.
10. Central: Obrempong Appiah Nuama II, Omanhen of the Twifo Mampong Traditional Area.
The appointed members.
11. Retired Lt. Gen. Joseph Boateng Danquah, a former Chief of Defense Staff, Ghana Armed Forces.
12. Nana Owusu Nsiah, a former Inspector General of Police.
13. Mr. Sam Okudzeto, a former President of the Ghana Bar Association.
14. Mr. Stan Nii Adjiri Blankson, a former Accra Mayor.
15. Nana Otuo Siriboe II, Juabenhene.
16. Nana Kofi Obiri Egyir II.
17. Alberta Cudjoe
18. Alhaji Aminu Amadu
19. Dr. Margaret Amoakohene of the School of Communications Studies of the University of Ghana, Legon.
20. Alhaji Sahanum Mortar.
21. Georgina Kusi (Georgina Hotel)
22. Alhaji Sule Jeremiah
23. Paa Kofi A song
24. Togbe Afede, Agbomefia of the Asogli State and President of the National House of Chiefs.
However, when you calculate the 365,000 by 24 it will result in GhC 8,760,000.00 of taxpayers' money for persons whose role is to advise the President and are paid salaries as well as bonuses plus allowances.
Forthwith, Togbe Afede decided to willingly refund his share of GHC 365,000 to the government chest and Paul 'something-something' Adom-Otchere is shamefully blasting him for being so kind to the nation, wow!
Look, journalism is not a crime but Paul is smudging the profession because of partisan politics. Unfortunately, we are building a political party instead of a nation.
Togbe Afede should humbly neglect Paul's worthless comments. Once upon a time, Nana Addo refused to take his salary, he didn't touch his MP's share of the common funds including ex-gratia when he was in office that time as Minister of Attorney General and foreign affairs minister as well.
Ex-President J. A. Kuffour when serving during Busia's administration, Dr. Addo Kufour then defense minister, SSNIT board chair, and many more have the same records, check it.
This is beyond partisan politics but rather patriotism. Sadly, Ghanaians will discuss this issue and slur vital topics. Teachers' arrears are pending, and NABCO trainees and the national service personnel are also crying for money.
Paul Adom-Otchere shut up and sleep because your position as a board chairman of the Ghana Airport company limited is misleading your conscience. Common sense is more powerful than Ph.D. Some party foot soldiers may back you but your time shall expire, be careful.
Let's build Ghana and not political parties.
Signed: William Boadi
CEO of Educate Africa Institute (EAI), Educationist, Journalist, and motivational speaker.
EAI, WE EDUCATE AFRICA.
Like, share, comment and follow.
Content created and supplied by: Randasty (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More