Ghanaians are very religious people and hold religious leaders in high esteem. Christian, Islamic and Traditional leaders are considered people of high repute by their followers. Aside from helping feed the spiritual being of their followers, they play key responsibilities in the society and country at large.
Ghana being a predominantly Christian county, the nation is composed of uncountable men and women of God. These men of God have gone out of their way to help build the spiritual lives of their congregants, deliver people from the shackles of spiritual sickness, poverty, frustration, and depression. Various schools, hospitals, and other projects have also been constructed by pastors in the country.
Nearly all men of God have done extremely well to discharge their duties to the glory of God and man. But based on the influence a pastor has on his followers, the impact a pastor makes on the development of the country, and how a pastor is perceived by society, these are the list of the five most powerful pastors in the country right now.
5. Sam Krankye Ankrah; is a Ghanaian minister and televangelist who is the Apostle General of the Royal House Chapel International. He is the first Chairman of the Ghana Pentecostal and Charismatic Council ( GPCC). Sam Krankye Ankrah is the CEO of Powerline Ministries, a non-profit making organization with radio and television in Ghana and internationally. He has received many awards for the good work he has done in society, notable among them was; he received the Order of the Volta from the president of Ghana in 2009 for his humanitarian work in health and education, he also received the Angel of the year award from Printing Hub and TV Africa. In 2013, he received an Honorary Award of the Humanitarian Services of the Year from the Excellent Leadership Award Group.
4. Bishop Charles Agyin Asare; is the founder and leader of Perez Chapel International. He is also the founder of Precious TV and the Chancellor of Perez University College. In 2007, Agyin Asare received the award for the Order of the Volta for his outstanding achievement of championing African excellence as a religious leader. He also received global leadership award from Regent University in 2015.
3. Dag Heward-Mills; is the founder of United Denominations. He also is the founder of the Anagkazo Bible and Ministry Training Center at Mampong. Heward Mills' Ministries have helped the poor, prisoners, orphans and other vulnerable people in society. His team has built many schools in underprivileged areas of the country.
2. Nicholas Duncan-Williams; is the founder, archbishop, and founder of Action Chapel International. He is the leader of the Charismatic movement that started 20 years ago in Ghana. He also is the leader and founder of Prayer Summit International and Dominion University. In 2017, he was named among the 100 most influential people in Africa.
1. Pastor Mensah Otabil; is the general overseer of the International Central Gospel Church. Mensah Otabil is also the Chancellor of Central University College and CEO of Otabil and Associates. He made it to the list of 100 most Reputable in Africans in 2018. He was also voted as the Most Influential Person in Ghana in 2015 by ETV Ghana.
Remember to follow, like, comment, and share for more updates.
Content created and supplied by: Shaker1 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More