But about 16 years ago, he allegedly broke away from the church which was founded by Bishop David Oyedepo in Nigeria. The church then dragged him to court to reclaim its name and assets.
The Ghana Court of Appeal, according to reports by Church Gist, has now ruled in favor of the Oyedepo-led Winners’ Chapel.
According to the judgment delivered, all properties in possession of Adjeman’s Winner Chapel are to be returned Oyedepo’s church. Winners Chapel International (WCI) is also to have exclusive use of the name “Winners Chapel”.
Additionally, the Registrar General is to delete Adjeman’s name from the Register of Companies while Adjeman is to account to WCI for the use of any of Its properties from 2004 to date and pay any amounts due WCI with interest.
The summary of the judgment and the consequential reliefs granted are:
1. The judgment of the trial high court, which initially granted Adjeman victory, is reversed.
2. All properties acquired or funded by WCI (1st and 2nd Plaintiffs) are now officially belongs to Oyedepo’s church
3. The church is entitled to recover its properties at East Legon, 16 Otublohum Road, Industrial Area, all places of worship and items of worship of the church occupied by Adjeman and Winners Chapel, Ghana.
4. The Registrar General is to delete the names of Adjeman and the defendants from its records as directors and subscribers of Winners Chapel and restore the names of the church and its directors and subscribers in their stead.
5. Adjeman is to render an account of his stewardship to the church from January 16, 2004 to date and pay any moneys due the church with interest at the prevailing commercial bank interest rate.
6. Oyedepo’s church is entitled to the exclusive use of the name “Winners Chapel” and Adjeman and the other defendants are injuncted in perpetuity from using the name.
The case was conducted by Thaddeus Sory and Pst Nii Amassah Kotey who died a few days before the recent court ruling.
Winners Chapel insiders say they believe Adjeman, whom they consider a rebel, will appeal the ruling at the Supreme Court of Ghana.
See Pictures of the other church, that Bishop Oyedepo opened, when Bishop Adjeman took over the first!
Content created and supplied by: MrsCelestial (via Opera News )