No one can see God and remain the same. It is the wish of many people to have this encounter of seeing God for themselves. This desire of many is meant for various purposes. For the agnostic or atheist, this will solve all their problems of doubt about the existence of God. To the faithful, it will be a sign of God’s approval of their faith since God desires more to be in the company of the righteous. To the one who is lacking in one area of their lives or the other, their most desired prayer will be answered, since no one encounters the presence of God and remain the same. There are blessings, prosperity, long life, joy, transformation, revelation, impartation, etc., that results from having this experience. Therefore there is something powerful about encountering God.
Despite this cravings of many, it is only a privileged few in history and in the present who speak much about this paranormal experience. But it is possible for you see God for yourself. Jesus thought us how. In Matthew 5:8, He gives us a key to seeing God which is actually the right of all, especially those of the household of faith. Therefore the privilege to see God is for all who care to do what it takes to attain that encounter. What is the secret key in seeing God? Simply put, Christ Jesus our Lord said, “Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.” Therefore the main key to have that encounter is simply, purity. Yes! Purity! Purity at heart. That’s all it take. It’s that simple.
Holiness is moral and ethical wholeness or perfection. It also means godliness. It also stands for that which has been sanctified or set apart for divine service.
The word of God is filled with this kind of counsel that leads others to experience a supernatural encounter with God. Let us explore some of them here:
- It is paramount that we first become born again and be saved in other to start the purity process. In John 3:3 Jesus states that unless a man is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. We need to be born again urgently.
- In Psalms 24:4 we also read that only those with clean hands and pure heart will ascend the hill of the Lord and stand in the holy place. These are those who do not lift their soul to falsehood; men and women who will not cheat or seduce others. To be holy also means to eschew dishonesty, deception and lies. We should also do away with foul languages as some of us are in the habit of exhibiting. Ephesians 4:29 warns us of this.
- 2 Timothy 2:22 also warns us to flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace and move with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart. This therefore means that those we deal with as our friends should be godly since evil company corrupts good manners. As 2 Corinthians 6:14ff notes, we should not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. It matters who your friend is. It will affect your purity.
- In 1 Peter 1:22 we are encouraged to obey the truth and love one another in truth. Therefore critical to our staying pure and holy is our obedience to the word of God and walking in love. In our generation most Christians do not have a place for the word of God not to speak of obeying it. But there is no way anybody can be an effective Christian without reading and heeding daily to the commands of God in His word. As James 1:22 states, we should be doers of the word and not just hearers only. Secondly, love is the summary of the entire word of God. By loving, one fulfils the whole law of God. And so by becoming obedient to God’s word and walking in love, one will surely see God.
- In Hebrews 12:14ff we are also warned against being bitter or sexually immoral to stay pure.
- We should not exalt our soul to vanity of idols and sin (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).
- We should also give ourselves fully to prayer and fasting. We also need to care for those God cares for by attending to the needy among us. We also need to help in saving the lost among others.
When we have done so as just prescribed above, there is no way that we will not encounter God in various spheres of life. Not only will we see Him but we will also have His presence in all that we do. We will be greatly blessed of Him. Indeed, this is true Christian living and one through which we become pure at heart to behold the glory, the beauty and the face of the Almighty to intervene in our lives. Place yourself in the path of discovering God like never before today by becoming and staying pure at heart. God richly bless you and reward you in all you do. Amen!
Prince Eric Opare
Content created and supplied by: CMB21 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More