At the meal, Jesus Christ ate bread and wine and instructed His disciples to do the same in memory of Him.
In John 6:53-54, Jesus Christ tells us that unless one eats His body and drinks His blood, we have no life. Here are 7 reasons why Christians must partake in the Holy Communion or the Eucharist.
1. To renew their faith in God and bid themselves to it.
2. It marks the day of deliverance.
3. It is as a remembrance of the body and blood of Jesus Christ that was broken and poured at the cross.
4. It reminds Christians of His suffering at the cross of their sins.
5. It also shows Christians the amount of love Jesus Christ had for them.
6. By receiving the spiritual flesh and blood, Christ lives in us and us in Him. We also learn that we must take Holy Communion, since only with the life of Christ in us, we have eternal life and will resurrect on the last day.
7. The Scriptures teach us that through Holy Communion, we also connect with Jesus Christ not only in memory of His death, but in the spiritual life He gives us.
Thanks very much for reading this article.
Please like, share and comment for more.
Content created and supplied by: Senses (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More