Al- Aqsa mosque is the third Holiest site in Islam after makka and Madina, and on top of Temple Mount sits the Dome of the Rock, this is where Muslims say prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was ascended to heaven.
The following are also some reasons:
1. There are the graves of many prophets including prophet Ibrahim ( peace be upon him) and Moses (peace be upon him).
2. Before the Kaaba, Muslims used to turned to the Aqsa mosque by the command of Allah and perform Prayers.
3. It was here that Allah's friend, our beloved prophet Muhammad ( peace be upon him) was Praying with all the prophets and Angels.
4. From here, Hazrat Muhammad ( peace be upon him) was riding on the Bora to meet Allah.
5. The names of Hazrat Adam ( A.S) and Sulaiman (A.S) are involved in the construction of the mosque.
6. Involved with this, is the rare incident of that famous camel of Caliph Hazrat Umar ( R).
7. There are innumerable memories of the Great Sultan Salauddin Ayubi associated with it.
8. For this Mosque, Stones have been lifted by the jinns from the botton of the Sea to build it.
9. If one prays 2 rak' ats in this Mosque, the reward of 25,000 rak'ats of Prayers is written.
10. This Mosque is most discussed in the Holy Qur'an.
O Allah, protect this Aqsa Mosque.
Content created and supplied by: Dubiyale94 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More