Christianity is the most dominant religion in Ghana. Ever since the White man introduced the Bible in Africa, we have grown significantly in numbers for the religion. Apart from helping to impact the moral lives of the congregants, churches have helped in diverse ways in the development of the country.
There are several schools, hospitals and other projects that have been built by Christians. There are a lot of christian denominations in the country.
We take a look at the five most populous churches in Ghana now
1. The Church of Pentecost; the church which was established in1962 has over 100 branches.
The church of Pentecost has helped the nation in several ways, it has recently built a prison block for the nation to help reduce the congestion in our overloaded prisons.
The church has an approximate congregation of 3,000,000.
2. The Catholic Church; this is one of the churches which is globally known. The Catholic Church is said to have been the first to come to Ghana. It is also credited with a lot of schools to its name.
The church also have about 3,000,000 congregants.
3. The Presbyterian Church of Ghana; the church that has built plenty secondary schools, as well Ghana's first teacher training college with a university to its name, has about 1500,000 congregants.
4. The Methodist Church of Ghana; one of the earliest churches to come to the Gold Coast. It was established in 1835 in Ghana. The church has about 1000,000 congregants. It has also contributed to development of school infrastructure in Ghana.
5. Christ Apostolic Church; CAC started as a healing center by Apostle Peter Anim. The church that had a small beginning is now having a lot of branche, making it to the top five most populous churches in Ghana.
Follow, like, comments and share for more updates
Content created and supplied by: Shaker1 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More