1. A single day on Venus is longer than an entire year on Earth.
2. If you ever stepped on the moon, your footprints would remain there forever.
3. Only half a billionth of the energy released by the sun reaches Earth.
4. The skin on your feet peels off in space.
5. One million Earths can fit inside the sun.
6. You become taller in space.
7. Space isn't that far away. In theory, if you could drive your car upwards, you could be there in less than an hour.
8. You can cry in space but your tears don’t fall.
10. Olympus moon, which is 3 times higher than the Mount Everest, is the highest mountain known to man and is located on Mars.
11. If you could fly to Pluto, the trip would take more than 800 years.
12. The astronauts were placed in quarantine after returning from the moon.
13. In a vacuum like space, when two pieces of metal touch each other they bond together. This is a process called cold welding. On the Earth because of the oxygen in our environment this does not happen naturally but it is used during some manufacturing processes.
14. Neutron stars are so dense that a teaspoon of them would be equal to the weight of the entire Earth’s population.
15. The star Lucy in the constellation Centaurus is a huge cosmic diamond of 10 billion trillion trillion carats.
16. Helium is the only substance in the universe that cannot be in solid form.It can’t be cold enough.
Content created and supplied by: Exponent (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More