There are certain things we probably wished we knew but sometimes find it so difficult to discover its true existence.
Knowledge is indeed power though, but where and how to access the right information in our ever-changing world of versatile media information technology seems to be a very Herculean task, often times.
In this article, you and I are going to at least learn one or two new words today.
No matter how far you have gone in life and your profession, at least one of these words may be possibly missing in your mental faculty.
This presupposes that, we should at any point in time strive to broaden our horizon on certain things that are outside our scope of practice or professional domain.
You might not know where you would meet any of these words; maybe during an interview session, or a fiercely contested intellectual exercise or argument which requires a stronger display of intellectual prowess, or a quiz competition.
Do you know the name given to someone who studies coins?
What name is given to someone who studies dogs?
Followme and let's broaden our horizon...
1. Study of bees — Apiology.
2. Study of heart/heart diseases — Cardiology.
3. Study of dogs — Cynology.
4. Study of trees — Dendrology.
5. Study of religion — Theology.
5. Study of heredity — Genetics.
6. Study of coins — Numismatics.
7. Study of birds — Ornithology.
8. Study of human development — Anthropology.
9. Study of science of insects — Entomology.
10. Study of problems of old age — Gerontology.
11. Study of relationship between organism and environment — Ecology.
12. Study of flying aeroplanes — Aviation.
13. Study of skin/skin diseases — Dermatology.
14. Study of wine/wine making — Enology/Oenology.
15. Study of cats — Felinology.
16. Study of medicine for women — Gynecology/ Gynaecology.
17. Study of liver, gallbladders and pancreas— Hepatology.
18. Study of horses — Hippology.
19. Study of water — Hydrology.
20. Study of weather — Meteorology.
21. Study of kidneys and their diseases — Nephrology.
22. Study of nerves — Neurology.
23. Study of cancer — Oncology.
24. Study of eggs — Oology.
26. Study of eyes — Ophthalmology.
27. Study of mountains and their mapping — Orology
28. Study of bones — Osteology.
29. Study of rocks — Petrology.
30. Study of earthquakes — Seismology.
31. Study of snakes — Serpentology.
32. Study of mouth and its diseases — Stomatology.
33. Study of poisons — Toxicology.
34. Study of flags – Vexillology.
35. Study of animals — Zoology.
36. Study of medicine for children and their diseases—Paediatrics/Pediatrics.
37. Study of broken bones — Orthopaedics.
38. Study of hand writing — Graphology.
39. Art of good handwriting — Calligraphy.
40. A written message from far off place — Telegraph.
41. An expert in writing by hand — Chirographer.
42. A person who write dictionaries —
43. Written by light — Photograph.
44. An expert in writing (drawing) maps — Cartographer.
Study of earth and rocks — Geology.
45. Study of living things — Biology.
46. Study of celestial bodies —Astronomy.
47. Study of the influence of planets and stars — Astrology.
48. Scientific study of bodily diseases — Pathology.
49. Study of languages — Philology.
Content created and supplied by: Ghana'sthirdeye (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More