2. For a spacecraft that travels a distance of 240,000 miles, it would about 3 days for the spacecraft to reach the Moon
3. It would take a commercial jet flying at 550 mph (885 kph) about 19 years to reach the sun's orbit
4. About 15 astronauts and 4 cosmonauts have died during space flights
5. There are Black Holes, White Holes and Worm Holes in the universe
4. It snows metal on venus. Metallic frost on planet's peaks fall from atmosphere
6. The word astronaut is derived from the Greek words "astron" meaning "star" and "nautes" which means "sailor". So the word astronaut literally means "star sailor"
7. Scientists believe the moon would eventually move out of the field of earth's gravity
8. Black holes are about 40% the size of our solar system, according to some estimates. And it's estimated to be about 21 billion times the mass of our sun.
9. Black holes can be millions of times larger than suns and planets or as small as a city.
10. As many as 14 moons orbit the Neptune and 79 orbit the planet Jupiter
11. One of Neptune's moons, Triton, is as big as dwarf planet Pluto.
12. There's an estimate of 500 million planets capable of supporting life in our galaxy
13. It takes about 225 million years for our Sun to travel around the galaxy
14. According to scientists Apollo astronauts footprints on the moon will last for at least 100 million years
15. Space is always quiet and dark because there's no atmosphere in the vacuum
16. The number of stars in space far outweighs the number of sand particles on earth
17. A day on venus is longer than a year on earth. Meaning if you went to spent a whole day on Venus, by the time you're back on earth your twin brother would have been a year older than you.
17. Male cosmonaut Valery Polyakov currently holds the overall record for longest space mission, having completed a stay of 437 days aboard the ISS.
18. NASA astronaut Scott Kelly set the overall American record in 2016 when he returned from a 340-day trip.
19. There are well over 400 billion stars in our Milky Way Galaxy
20. The water astronauts drink in space is their own treated and processed urine.
21. The Milky Way is the galaxy that contains our Solar System, with the name describing the galaxy's appearance from Earth
22. There are over 2 Trillion galaxies in our observable universes
Content created and supplied by: Win_2020 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More