Relationships don't come with guarantees or rules that things will work out, it only comes with mutual respect, love and admiration. But in order to make any relationship work, partners must put in effort, time and emotions even when its hard like when there is a lot of physical distance between them.
A long distance relationship requires more effort than a conventional relationship where you can meet your partner and express your thoughts and feelings in a dozen different ways, taking them to their favourite restaurant, laughing with each other during a movie and so much more. But when there is distance between two people who like each other, communication and having faith are the only two ways to make it work. In order to make it work, you first must be sure that you’re ready for the effort and commitment it takes. If you go in without giving it a serious thought, you may end up getting confused or demotivated as time passes by.
Once you’ve decided that your bond with your partner is worth the effort and you’re ready to put in your part as well, you must set some ground rules or guidelines such as
1. Agreeing a mutual time that will work for you both to have at least a five minute quality conversation.
2. Pursuing your mutual interests together so that you feel involved in their life despite the distance such as watching the same shows together.
3. Never going to bed with an argument brewing or with an unresolved issue, it will only escalate with time because distance makes things twice as hard
4. Prioritize your career and support your partner for that: Don't compromise on your career if you are in that phase of life where career should be given utmost priority. Take out time for your partner daily but don't forget to manage time wisely. If you fail in your life your parents are definitely going to blame your relationship for that. Besides Communicate openly till you both are one the same page about everything.
5. Lastly, have meaningful conversations such as planning about a time in future when you both will be together in person, this ensures that you both stay hopeful.
Such conversations become memories and memories empower the bond.
Long distance relationships are difficult but not impossible. A simple proof of that is to go back to the time when the internet didn’t exist or telephone services were a privilege. People survived on letters, memoirs and memories alone for months and years. If they could make it work and have happy endings they hoped for then so can you.
Thanks for reading through, I hope it was helpful. kindly follow me for more interesting write-ups.
Please don't hesitate to share and like. Thanks for your support and understanding.
Content created and supplied by: Undergroundnewsgh (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More