Security is about much more than money. Of course it's nice to have a steady income, safe home and adequate savings. Insurance salesperson highlight how uncertain the future is in order to sell their products. Your partner is probably place a different value on financial security than you do. That's is normal. But remember that money, house, cars, and other things can be replaced much easier than most things of true values. If your partner is feeling insecure it's almost certainly about something deeper than money.
Here are some ways that are likely to help your spouse feel secure regardless of how big or small your bank account is.
1. Be transparent: Nothing breeds mistrust more than discovering some bad news you have kept hidden. If your job is in jeopardy, in you lost money, or some unexpected bills show up, let's your partner know.
2. Take time to communicate: This is a primary way in which you show transparency and respect. Being truly about your own dreams, feelings, and fears may feel vulnerable, but it break down walls between in you. And it's even more important to take the time to truly listen to your spouse's dream, feelings and fears. Such communication breeds intimacy, and that's how security and trust is grown.
3. Respect their feelings: Even if you believe their opinion is unfounded or their feelings are unreasonable, try to understand them. Put yourself in their shoes as much as much as possible make your own heart a safe place for your spouse. Treat their thoughts and emotions as you.
4. Own your own stuff: If you have made mistakes, apologize and ask for forgiveness. Don't expect your spouse to make you feel a certain way. You are responsible for your own thoughts and feelings. You have the choice to be happy regardless of the surrounding circumstances. Such growing emotional maturity provides another way for your partner to fell secure.
5. Demonstrate unconditional love: This is the most important way to keep your spouse from feeling as though they need to walk on eggshells around you. They know your have their back regardless of money, family, health, or other problem. Make sure your spouse is the most important thing in your life, second only to God.
Content created and supplied by: ObaaGina (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More