It can be nerve-wracking to talk to a girl you like for the first time. However, when you work up the courage to speak to her, there's a chance she could like you back! Start by looking at her body language to figure out when to approach her. Then, use a question or statement to break the ice and spark a conversation.
1. Just say something to get the conversation going. The longer you wait to say something, the more likely you won't do it. You don't necessarily have to say anything brilliant! You just need to get the conversation going. Even a simple "Hi!" can do it.
You could also try saying something playful, like "I need help! I just can't make up mind. It's killing me. Should I get the chocolate chip cookie or the brownie?"
2. Make a comment about something you have in common to spark her interest. Believe it or not, you have something in common with everyone you meet! You just have to look around you and figure out what it is. Find something you can use to start a conversation. It doesn't have to be anything big.
If you're at a coffee shop, you might say, "There's nothing like a warm cup of coffee on a cold day, is there?"
3. Request something from her to encourage her to like you. No, don't go up and ask her for $100. Rather, ask her for a small favor. It seems weird, but when you ask someone for a favor, they want to give it to you. In fact, it tends to make them like you more.
Keep it simple, like "Could you pass the salt?" or "Would you mind handing me that creamer?"
4. Calm yourself down with deep breaths if you're feeling a little anxious. It's natural to get butterflies before you go and talk to someone you like! If you're nervous, try taking deep breaths. Close your eyes and breathe in through your nose to the count of 4. Hold it for 4 counts, then breathe out to the count of 4. Make sure you're taking deep breaths from your abdomen area. Do this breathing exercise a few times to help calm your nerves.
You can also take a few minutes to bolster yourself. Tell yourself you can do this! Also, put in perspective. What's the worst that could happen? If she doesn't want to talk to you, it will hurt, but it won't be the end of the world.
5. Continue the conversation by responding to her statements. You'll need to go back and forth when talking to the girl you like! If she says something in response to your statement or question asking for a favor, talk back to her. Try to keep the topics happy and cheerful, as this is your first meeting.
For instance, she might say, "Yes, coffee is the best! It warms me up from the inside!" You could say, "I know! What's your favorite type of coffee drink?"
6. Stay confident to show you're interested. When you're having a conversation with a girl for the first time, you may start to second-guess yourself or read things she's saying in a negative way. If you can, try to combat these thoughts. Keep smiling and asking questions. Stand up tall and speak in a clear voice.
Most people find confidence attractive. Even if you're not feeling confident, faking confidence is often enough. Plus, faking it with body language will make you feel more confident!
Feel free to share your comments
Content created and supplied by: News18 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More