1. Identify the root cause of your possessiveness: Understand why you feel the need to control or dominate your partner. Is it because of insecurity or fear of losing them? Recognize and address the root cause of your possessiveness.
2. Communicate openly with your partner: Talk to your partner about your feelings and fears. Let them know why you feel possessive and work together to establish healthy boundaries for the relationship.
3. Trust your partner: Trust is the foundation of any healthy relationship. Learn to trust your partner and their decisions. Trust that they will be loyal to you and communicate with you if there is a problem.
4. Develop your own interests and hobbies: Find activities that you enjoy doing on your own. It will help you focus on your personal growth, which will eventually make you feel more secure and confident.
5. Practice self-care: Take time for yourself, and listen to your needs. Take care of your physical, mental, and emotional well-being.
6. Let go of control: Recognize that you cannot control everything in your partner's life. Allow them to have their own opinions, thoughts, and actions without trying to change them.
7. Seek professional help: If you feel that your possessiveness is causing problems in your relationship or affecting your mental health, seek professional help from a therapist or counselor.
Content created and supplied by: Godse_ghana (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More