How to Turn Your Enemy into being Your Best Friend or Helper
Now that social media has a lot of good and bad people with many of them trying hard to prove in which ever area they deem necessary for them, I bring to you some interesting but Positive Attitudes gesture that you can inculcate into your daily life or speeches that can turn you supposed enemy into your bosom friend or Helper.
"One Year After She Called Me An Idiot..."
By Dr Oliver Mubanga.
"She asked a question in a general Group on a WhatsApp platform.
I responded to the question professionally."
She tagged my response and typed: "you're an idiot"
Upon thinking through her response, I calmly replied: "Thanks so much. Now that you have pointed out my attention to this idiotic part of me, I'll surely work on it, God bless you my dear..."
"And the whole platform shook. Over 118 people commented. They were so surprised by my calm response. Of course she was terribly bashed to the extent that she "left" the Group.
An hour later she called me to apologise for how stupid she's been etc. I forgave her and we became friends.
Then I later ended up handling her premarital counselling sessions."
"Two days ago, on my Birthday, she and her husband surprised me with a gift worth over $10,000. This was a year after she called me an idiot."
Life Lessons from this experience:
1. MATURITY: Your reaction to negative feedbacks or situations shows how mature you are.
2. CHOICE: You have the power of choice whenever anybody does or says anything offensive to you.
3. SELF CONTROL: If someone calls you anything negative and you lose yourself and begin to fight or shout or do anything terrible, you only prove them right.
4. SILENCE IS GOLDEN: It is better to keep quiet and let people think you're a fool, than to open your mouth to enable them confirm you're truly a fool.
5. DISCERNMENT: You cannot throw both the baby and the dirty water away from the bathing bowl because the baby had pooed in the bath water.
6. POSITIVE POWER: You have the power to win people through your maturity and composure and not through overly being more sanctimonious than the person.
7. POSITIVE IMPACT: Life is all about people. If I had responded to her negatively, I would have lost a friend forever.
8. WISDOM: There are people who are sent to you by God to help your journey in life to be worthwhile, your meeting point might be at a fighting point. Be wise, even when you're angry.
9. HUMILITY: She was humble enough to call and apologized.
10. RECONCILIATION: Maybe there's someone you need to reconcile with today, go ahead and do just that.
I strongly believe, We can all get better with ourselves, with these 10 key lessons.
I found this interesting and thought it good to share. I hope you too find it interesting, share it and like it to help save our community and people to promote peace, love and harmony.
Content created and supplied by: Rightyosto (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More