Anytime you have sex with a person, you bond with them. Whenever a person is sexually involved with another person, neurochemical changes occur in both their brains that encourages limbic emotional bonding.Limbic bonding is the reason why casual sex doesn't really work for most people on a whole mind and body level. Two people may decide to have sex just for the fun of it, yet something is occurring another level that they might not have decided on at all.
Sex is enhancing emotional bonding between them whether they want or not. One person, often the woman is bound to form an attachment and will be hurt when a casual affair ends. It is usually the woman who is hurt most and this is because the female limbic system is larger than the males. This is what we call soul ties.
Sex is like gluing two pieces of wood together and the next day ripping them apart.
A piece of your sex partner (the good, bad and ugly) stays with you and vice versa for the rest of your life. You can only imagine what it looks like when you bond with multiple partners. Unhealthy soul tries are often the ramifications of having partners that you create a lifelong bond with through a sexual encounter but with whom you only have short-term relationship with. The bond soul tie remains long after the relationship is over leaving both sexual partners longing for wholeness.
3 signs that you may have a soul tie.
1. You are in a physically, emotionally or spiritually abusive relationship, but you feel so attached to the person that you refuse to cut off the connection and set boundaries. I can talk about this because I have been there and it was my life. I was so scared of losing and letting her go. I was so scared of what will happen and if I ever find someone else like her.
2. You have left a relationship maybe no long ago, but you think about the other person obsessively. You can't get them out of your mind. It seems like you're on withdrawal and your mind is on steroids. You can't just get her or him out of your mind for every time you close your eyes it's like you can see this person. It's like you have developed an unhealthy attachment.
3. When ever you do anything make a decision have a conservation with someone and forth, you feel like this person is with you or watching you. It's like you literally feel him or her right next to you, it's like he or she is watching you. It's like that neural or mental link is still there.
This is not a healthy place to be. You can notice this kind of bandage in a lot of relationships that are outside the will of God. There is an unusual desire to spend all their money on the person and try to please them. Real love is based on having christ as the centre of the relationship and moving beyond the person itself. The bible said, love does not think if itself. Love doesn't think about the good of it's own rather think about the good of others.
Here are the few things that will help you to on righteousness and stay on God path:
1. Have a plan, we shouldn't wait until we're in the middle of an emotional filled, sexually charged encounter to figure out how to obey God word.
2. Avoid emotionally filled, sexually charged situations. If you decide to date, make sure that it is with someone who shares your desire to wait for sex until after marriage. If they aren't on board with waiting, they aren't the one for you. Real love puts the other first and would never ask for their love one to compromise their values for a little bit of pleasure.
3. Remember the why behind God no. It isn't no forever, but until it is the right time and won't harm your spirit, mind, heart or body. When faced with sexual temptation, try looking at it as a hot stove back away, don't touch it and you won't get burned.
4. Take your thoughts captive. 2 Corinthians 10:5 tells us that we can take the impure thoughts that pops into our minds and make them obedient to Christ. That is, we can learn to control how we live our thoughts. If you are fantasizing about someone and becoming sexual aroused, that is a hot stove thought. Extinguish it and ask God to help you think about other things.
5. Finally, slow down, take time to read your bible and talk to God about your life. Often, a desire for a boyfriend or girlfriend is merely extension of our own loneliness. I know it sounds cliche, but God wants to be your best friend.
Content created and supplied by: Africamedia.gh (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More