A discreet person does not reveal his secrets, and a satisfactory answer cannot be taken from him when asked, as he does not mention the details, and he can change the topic of the conversation quickly if he does not want to talk about the subject, in addition to that, no one can know what he thinks, as he is in control.
With his facial expressions and body language well, it seems that he is usually immersed in thought, which increases his ambiguity for others, and despite the importance of communication in building strong relationships, the discreet person seems closed on himself, unable, or unwilling to have an effective conversation
Tips for dealing with a secretive friend
The following tips can be followed when dealing with a secretive friend:
1. Not to interrupt her speech, as she thought a lot about what she was saying before she uttered it, and if there were a few moments of silence, you should wait for her to complete her speech respectfully, as she is trying to gather her thoughts.
2. Give her her own space, respect her character, she is less talkative, and likes to spend time alone, so there is no need to feel disturbed by her, in case she does not respond to messages, or does not make a lot of phone calls.
3. Not to prepare a surprise for her, as she does not like surprises, and if you want to prepare something specific for her, it is better to inform her of this earlier.
4. Not insisting on her to speak and leaving her at her comfort, as insisting on her causes real inconvenience to her.
5. Open conversations on a deep level, and talk about special feelings. Do not try to connect her with a lot of people, as she does not feel comfortable when there are many people she does not know well around.
6. Not making fun of her nature, or forcing her to change, as this leads to the termination of the friendship relationship at any time.
7. Tell that friend why you want to be friends with her, and the things that make her a great friend.
8. Leaving her to mix with people on social occasions, and not getting attached to her for fear of her inability to deal socially with people, it is true that she doesn't always open up, but she can deal with others, and have social conversations with them.
Content created and supplied by: the_Kelvin_guy (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More