1. He’s smart : While some of us are naturally brainier than others, a new study from the Golding School of Economics in Ghana suggests that the smarter the man, the less likely he is to be unfaithful. According to the research, more intelligent men are more likely to get married and stay married.
2.He actively supports your career: A study conducted at the Hunter College and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York found that husbands were a deciding factor in two-thirds of women’s decisions to quit their jobs, often because they thought it was their duty to bring up their children.
3.Emotional Presence: That means someone who stays focused on the talker — rather than looking at their cell phone or other distractions — but this goes both ways. A woman should be emotionally present while her significant other is talking, and she should expect him to do the same in return. But being present also includes being responsive, Hendrix says. Meaning when someone texts or calls their partner, the other person should respond as soon as possible, or let them know if it's going to be awhile before they can respond.
4. He makes you laugh: Finding a partner who can make you laugh is of utmost importance. A study using Raven's Advanced Progressive Matrices has shown that men are more likely to have.
5. Curiosity (About Her!): It's important that you feel like your partner is interested in you. "We tell [couples] to shift from judgement to curiosity. Instead of judging a person about their actions and what they do, be curious about it. Wonder why they dress that way or why they act like this," Hunt says. However, she warns that you don't want a person who interviews or grills you in conversation.
6. He makes effort with your friends and family: A recent study found that young men get more satisfaction out of their bromances than their romantic relationships with women. While this is clearly ludicrous, maintaining your friendships is important. So make sure you’re with a man who not only wants you to make time to see your friends but also makes an effort to get to know them too.
7. Protectiveness: Hendrix says this one is non-negotiable. "Women want to be with someone who they feel safe with at all times. They want to say 'With you I feel safe. I don't have to be defensive. I know that when I'm around you, I'm going to be okay,'" Hendrix says.
8. He celebrates your achievements: It’s important to have a partner who celebrates your achievements. A study published in The Journal of Personality and Social Psychology found that couples who celebrated each other’s achievements were more satisfied with their relationships than those who reacted negatively or were indifferent.
Content created and supplied by: studio369news (via Opera News )