When you’re wrapped up in the excitement of new love, it’s hard to tell if the bond you share with your partner is the real deal or just seems that way because you’re still in the honeymoon phase.
So how can you discern early on if this relationship has staying power or not?
1. Knowing that you have faith in one another, in yourselves, and your relationship, means that your relationship is bound to last for a long, long time – and most likely, forever.
2. If the both of you trust each other, then the relationship is certain to be strong. You trust your partner to communicate with you, and not hurt you, cheat on you or lie to you, have each other’s backs and do not keep secrets.
3. It can be easy to take our partners for granted. We don’t always mean to do it, but sometimes it can happen. Still, having gratitude towards your partner is one of the things that every relationship needs.
4. Strong communication is key to a relationship that lasts forever and “Couples who can effectively communicate can understand one another and experience greater intimacy". Being able to talk about your emotions, the things that bother you, and even the good things is what a relationship is all about.
5. Respect for one another’s emotions, opinions, autonomy and life goals - all those things are extremely important for a relationship to last forever. Your goals work together to make your lives together work in harmony.
6. If both partners can endure an illness, money difficulties, family issues, or a life-changing experience that has caused great stress, the support they can give one another is a lasting memory that can bare the fullness of time. When both people put effort into the relationship, it will stay strong forever.
7. Do you want to make this work? Do you want your relationship to last forever? That determination has to come from both partners or else, the relationship is entirely one-sided! But when both partners feel that same determination, the relationship will undoubtedly last forever.
Content created and supplied by: Sintim09 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More