Below are some facts or things you need to know before you start dating:
1. You have to be prepared for getting hurt. You’re lucky if you don’t. But people come with all sorts of issues and relationships aren’t exactly all about the good things. They come with an expiry date most of the time. Breakups lead to heartbreaks. You may end up having more issues than you did before. Now you have to struggle until you heal yourself. It makes you question whether all of it was really worth your time.
2. You have to make someone a part of your personal life. Nobody talks about this, but it can be hard. It’s like welcoming someone to your secret room. At one point, compromises have to be made for the sake of the relationship. It can be tough - especially if you’ve never had to do it before. But it’s inevitable.
3. There are going to be bad days. Sometimes they affect your daily life. You find yourself feeling sad, restless and unable to do anything. It literally ruins your whole day and that’s just sad.
4. Boundaries are important. But it’s hard to maintain them. You have to watch out for emotional dependency in a constant manner. Otherwise your life will revolve around them.
5. You can’t expect things to go however you want. You have to discuss it with your partner. To some extent, you may lose your independency in many areas of life. It can be frustrating.
6. When your thoughts and goals don’t match, it becomes hard to keep a relationship going. If one only cares about enjoying the present while the other cares more about the future, it’s going to create problems. The worst part of it all is that you may never truly know your partner. As their layers unfold, they could be a totally different person and the relationship may scar you for life. It’s scary.
7. Relationships have its own needs. If you’re not going to make time for your partner, it’s not going to work. If you’re not ready to trust, compromise and understand, it’s not going to work. You have to make changes once you start dating someone.
Content created and supplied by: Sharonblog (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More