Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society

 

Crime Justice

 

Murder

Two Dead From Electrocution At Funeral While Fixing Canopy

Two persons are reportedly dead while two others are in critical condition after being electrocuted at Hemang-Krobo while fixing canopies at a funeral.

The incident happened during a final funeral rites of an eighteen-year-old who was a student of the Kumasi Academy Senior High School.

According to eyewitness, the canopies that was being erected at the funeral grounds Accidentally touched wires connected to a high tension pole causing the electrocution of the four people in the process.

“It had been raining prior to the incident. Parts of the canopy were lowered to the ground, and when the rain stopped for a while, they tried to set up the canopy for the people,” the Assembly member for Hemang-Krobo electoral area, Philip Antwi gave an account.

The Assembly Member of the area made calls to the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) after the incident. He also said personnel from the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) were at the scene to assess the situation.

The affected persons were rushed to Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH) for medical attention but unfortunately two of the victims died.

Content created and supplied by: Samvash (via Opera News )

Assembly ECG Electricity Company of Ghana Hemang-Krobo Komfo Anokye

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments