It is the dream of every individual to be given a befitting burial. What constitute a befitting burial differs from one society to the other.
In some societies, befitting burial is being buried with the most expensive clothes and casket. To some, it is when a large burial service is organized in honour of the dead. To others, befitting burial refers to being laid down in one's own compound.
Who qualifies to be buried at home?
1. To be buried at home, one must have lived a decent life in one's lifetime.
2. To be laid in one's own compound, one must have died a natural death. Dieing mysteriously at a youthful age does not qualify one to be buried at home.
Why are heroes buried at home?
1. The culture of burying the dead at home is a special honour given to the dead for the responsible and heroic life he/she lived.
2. Belief also has it that when the dead is buried at home, he continues to protect his family spiritually.
3. Burying the dead at home also makes him/her to be remembered forever. As he/she lies in front of the house, generations born and unborn will always be told " there lies the man who lived that heroic life".
Though not compulsory, it will be an honour to be buried home.
Please FOLLOW and COMMENT.
Content created and supplied by: Jmahama (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More