The New Patriotic Party (NPP), was viewed by many Ghanaians as their Saviour ahead of the 2016 elections. The citizens trusted them completely due to the hardship situation at that time. They made big promises to the people, creating the picture of bringing Paradise to Ghana. Ghanaians fulfilled their part, by bring them to power but it looks like, they have been fraud big time.
The Citizens realize the gamble they are into, others tried to change their minds but the rest, thought of giving them a second chance. They began to regret their decision because, the situation is getting out of hands The New Patriotic Party (NPP), was viewed by many Ghanaians as their Saviour ahead of the 2016 elections. The citizens trusted them completely due to the hardship situation at that time. They made big promises to the people, creating the picture of bringing Paradise to Ghana. Ghanaians fulfilled their part, by bring them to power but it looks like, they have been disappointed, with hardship and more taxes. A total disaster and confusion has befallen the nation without doubt. The people can no longer trust a politician again, in their life.
THE NPP 419
1. NPP promised not to borrow a single penny in their governance, if voted for. It is mind blowing to know that they borrowed twice, the money borrowed (getting to US$ 300 billion) from Dr. Kwame Nkrumah to John Mahama. They said we are sitting on money, and there is no need to go for loan. Some even said that, a primary student can govern the country with borrowing. They called themselves class 2 child not Ghanaians.
2. They promised not to tax Ghanaians and will abolish “nuisance” taxes. This is one of the shocking betrayal, the citizens have ever received. They took many taxes and now it reached the turn of “bola tax” and about 10 taxes imposed on Ghanaians. The timing and the situation Ghana is in, do not expect this from government. NPP refused to listen to the plight of the people and kept defending the budget.
3. The party promised free water and electricity but a great 419. They later task the people on what they termed as free, given to them. This is a super mind game a government could play on the citizen. Few persons benefited from the package, and all the Nation is going to pay for it. Where will the remaining money go.
4. NPP said they will run anti-family, friends and large size governance. They have done the worse in Ghana’s history. They appointed 125 ministers and more than 1000 Government Machinery and other offices, in first 4 years. As for the nepotism, discrimination, and cronyism, citizens must better keep quite than to waste time thinking about, things that out not happen and make no sense.
5. They are incorruptible and will fight corruption head on. All this, is a mere rhetoric’s coined to deceive Ghanaians. The citizens felt like they could be deaf and dumb, to save them for hearing such deceiving words. The created and destroyed Special Prosecutor Martin Amidu resigned due to Agyapa deal scandal. Auditor General Yaw Domelevo, was forced to go on 167-day leave and then retired him by force. Peter Amewu said the PDS deal is fraudulent. The Procurement CEO Agyenim Boateng Ajei found in a bloody huge corruption and many more that is socking.
6. NPP promised every year mass distribution of cholate to each school child. They found the importance of giving students chocolate to eat, refused to fulfil it. They placed it in the budget in 2019 costing about GHS 51 million. No one knows where the money has gone to.
7. They promised to build 350 SHS from scratch within 18 months which they fail. It beats logic for a person to do such thing, within a shortest possible time. They came out later to denied, but Ghanaians have not forgotten. It looks insulting but, everyone has to console himself.
8. They failed to arrest the dollar as they promised to do within first 100 days in office. The Vice President Mahamudu Bawumia claimed, he arrested the dollar and give the key to the Inspector General of Police. Now, dollar to cedis is climbing GHS 6.00, which is increasing prices.
9. Destroyed Small Scale mining haphazardly and giving the concession to party gurus. The mining issue is an issue that everyone is aware of, and followed the trend. The worse nature of the water bodies, missing excavators, Anas exposé, the famous video and many disgraceful acts.
10. President Akuffo Addo, then the Flagbearer proposed Arab spring in Ghana due to hardships, in an interview on Peace Fm. No one knows if he still stands by that view. The hardship has doubled and prices of things are skyrocketing. Fuel prices is increasing every day, without forgetting goods and services. If people will take the advice of the president, Ghana will not better place to live.
Ghanaians have now realized that all the promises are just political dirty game. The mantra of we having all that we need in Ghana, but still hungry has lost with no time. There are many abandoned promises that Ghanaians will never forget. Politicians are always unpredictable, and need not to trusted. One day, every one will account for what he or she did on earth, you can criticize but not judge.
Pic; myjoyonline and graphiconline.
Thank you for your time. Please like, comment and share for others to see.
Content created and supplied by: LordcelibateMedia (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More