Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society


Crime Justice



3 year old Toddler dies After Being Poisoned At Her Best friend's Apartment

To receive entertaining, informative and trending news daily, please kindly click on the Follow+ button at the top right corner and be the first to be in the know. Thank you.

A 3 year old Ugandan toddler based in Canada with her mother met her untimely demise on the 6th of March after eating breakfast at a friend's house and will be returned home to her mother's homeland to be buried despite the family still not knowing why she died.

The young girl, Bernice Nantanda slept over at her best friend's apartment which is located on a different level in the same building where they live in Scarborough. The mother of the deceased, Maurine Mirembe said her daughter was fine until the two took a cereal breakfast the next morning and they both suddenly fell ill.

On an interview with CTV News Toronto, she said she received a call telling her that her daughter was vomiting and by the time she got there, she was lying in a chair and was very weak while her mouth was grey when she checked.

Bernice died one week after her third birthday and till now the Toronto police are still investigating into the matter. CTV News Toronto has meanwhile contacted the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) which is still investigating if the food product was a factor in the death and is awaiting response.

Content created and supplied by: kuulpup_thepromoter (via Opera News )

Bernice Nantanda CTV News Toronto Canada Maurine Mirembe Toddler


Load app to read more comments