Thursday, 23rd September 2021
There is an emerging twist in the story of a woman who was allegedly kidnapped over the week only to reappear on Tuesday. It is recalled that Josephine Panyin Mensah was reported missing about ten days ago. The police did their best to trace her but to no avail.
Just Tuesday, Josephine who was heavily pregnant and was expected to deliver this month reappeared but without her pregnancy. Readers may recall that CitizenOne published this story.
The following day, the western regional minister alleged on radio that the lady was not pregnant in the first place. He also accused the woman of faking the pregnancy to receive ransom from him. His allegation was immediately followed by a police statement which confirmed that doctors who attended to Josephine had concluded that she was never pregnant and had not recently delivered.
The statement added that information gathered from European Hospital where she claimed to had attended antenatal care suggested that Josephine last visited the hospital in October last year but not with pregnancy related condition.
News coming in from TV3 points to yet another twist that can sweep one off his feet. According to Alfred Ocansey, TV3's private investigation had it that the husband of Josephine is not the father of their 3 year old boy. He said Josephine married her husband with the child. Further investigations revealed that the man had no child with any woman.
This new information if found to be true will help the police unravel the truth of the story. The police have already picked three other suspects including the husband for faking kidnapping and pregnancy. According to the Ag. Director for Public Affairs at Ghana Police Service, COP Kwesi Ofori, the police may seek a second medical opinion on Jospehine's pregnancy. He told TV3 that they will arrange the suspects before the court for publication of false news intended to cause fear and panic and deceiving public officers.
CitizenOne shall be following this developing story and update readers soon.
Content created and supplied by: CitizenOne (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More