Kindly click the + follow link to read more updates on this matter and other exciting content.
The good people of the Kumasi metropolis were thrown into a state of shock on Monday, 15th March, 2021 when a husband intentionally locked up his wife and a nine year old twins and set the room on blazing fire. The strange side of the story is that, the man locked himself as well in the same room with his nuclear family. The timely intervention of neighbours saved the victims from untimely death except the twin female sister who perished from the severe burns. The injured victims are on admission at the Okomfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in Kumasi.
The husband, Mr Agyemang is a hard working Taxi driver who lives with her wife and a nine year old twins step children in a concubinage relationship similar to formal marriage partners. According to reliable sources, the man suspected the wife of engaging in extra marital affairs behind his back. This allegation of the man was supported by the fact that, the woman used to receive frequent strange phone calls from unknown men especially in the night. And sometime when she answers the call in the house, the wife will sneak to hide far away from the husband. This situation continued for a long time until the husband engaged his landlord to settle the matter peacefully.
Then on Monday,15th March, 2021, the husband alleged that the wife had received a suspicious phone call from someone. This led to exchange of words and the husband slapped her several times. Then the man left the house and came back later.
Mr Agyemang waited for late hours when all the two children and the wife were indoors. He immediately locked the door and started spilling fuel all over the room. The wife sensed danger and shouted for help.
Before neighbours heard their cry, the man had already set the room ablazed. The timely intervention of volunteers who broke the buglary proof doors and windows to enter the room saved them. The sad story is that, by the time they finished helping the wife and the husband, one of the two step children had already died from the severe burns.
This is an unfortunate story. The victims are receiving medical treatment at the Okomfo Anokye Teaching Hospital in Kumasi. The body of the nine year old has also been deposited at the hospital autopsy.
The police are waiting for the man to recover before prosecution can begin. Before then, the man is under strict surveillance to prevent him from running away.
The fire fighters have extinguished the burning flames.
Many people are wondering why the man could exhibit that heartless attitude. In fact the wife is traumatised now. We pray for their immediate recovery.
The picture above is for illustrative purpose only and not the actual burnt house.
Credit: Angel media.
Don't forget to click the + follow link to read more updates and other exciting stories.
Content created and supplied by: RainbownewsGh_official (via Opera News )