Sign in
Download Opera News App

Public Safety

 

Natural disaster

 

Wildfire

Fire Outbreak In New Juabeng South - Koforidua

10 days to Christmas and the fire service was late again to a fire Outbreak scene which has destroyed a lot of properties. But fortunately no lives were lost. Fire Outbreak in festive seasons are high due to the pressure on sellers and buyers. The metro mass station popularly known as PENTOAWALA or OBAA YAA LANE in Koforidua witness a serious fire Outbreak which destroyed a lot of properties and has put people in fear.The fire incident happened at around 9-10am caused by an electrical fault in one of the shops which sells toiletries, clothes and sprays etc. Four shops got burnt. It a story building and fortunately the top floor were not affected much but the shop where the fire started, the shop on top of it had it glasses broken because of the heat and it air conditioner spoilt but nothing got burnt.

The fire service personnel got to the scene at 10 - 11am when most of the things had already gotten burnt and the people present at the scene and store owners were furious because the fire service personnel didn't get to the scene as early as expected. UPPER MANYA RURAL BANK on the same lane tried to extinguish the fire with their fire extinguishers but to no avail, they used about 12 fire extinguishers. Sympathizers are there sympathizing with the store owners, information gathered shows they don't have fire insurance cover. The NADMO officers arrived at the scene as soon as they were called to access the damage that occurred.


Please comment after reading

.

Content created and supplied by: Slimagacious (via Opera News )

Koforidua MANYA New Juabeng South OBAA YAA LANE PENTOAWALA

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments