Sign in
Download Opera News App

News Society

 

Natural disaster

 

Wildfire

Fire outbreak at a market burns over 50 shops and containers: Traders call on Doumbouya for support

The incident of fire disasters is not a new phenomenon across the length and breadth of the African continent most especially outbreaks at commercial places. Many times fire occurrences have been reported at markets and in most cases it is presumed that the negligence of traders by not switching off electrical gadgets after close of work is the cause.

As reported in the district town of Nzerekore, the Grand market was engulfed in flames last night with hundreds of shops and wares consumed by the fire. The Fire Department received a telephone call at 20:00pm about the incident and quickly responded to the distress call. Upon arrival, it was discovered that fire which had burnt several shops was in progress.

They quickly connected several hoses of water to fight the fire. It took several hours for the fire to be brought under control taking into account how quickly the fire spread to adjoining shops. According to the market administrator Moses Sango, over 50 shops and containers with their contents went up in flames.  

Inspection conductor revealed that the wires connecting the various shops were burnt, indicating that it could be an electrical fire. The estimated cost of damage is valued at thousands of francs and the traders are calling on the authorities to assist them. They called on the country's leader Colonel Doumbouya to come to their aid and provide them the necessary support.

The persistent increase in fire related destructions calls for the fire department to inform the public about the dangers of fire outbreaks and also educate the masses.

Content created and supplied by: Winnerwriter (via Opera News )

Doumbouya Fire Department Moses Sango Nzerekore

COMMENTS

Load app to read more comments