Saturday, 6th November 2021
The family of Ibrahim Mohammed aka Kaaka is up in arms with the government following rumours that the Athorney General is planning to discontinue the criminal charges against two of the three suspects.
According to spokesperson to the family Mr. Rafiu Mohammed, there are circulating rumours in Ejura suggesting that the Athorney General was preparing a nolle prosequi on the two bodyguards of former MCE who were arrested in connection with the murder of Kaaka.
In a statement released yesterday, the family noted that, there were allegation that the brother of Kaaka who was arrested had confessed to killing Kaaka. Rafiu said this non varifiable information cannot be true. He said, Baba Iddi had all this while maintained that he had no knowledge about the attack on Kaaka and his subsequent death.
Rafiu stated in the press release that such false information are intended to cause public disaffection and called on the general public to ignore the same
He said the family was worried that for over 120 days, Baba Iddi has been held in police custody without proper prosecution. They were sure if he is put to trial, Iddi will be able to establish his innocence.
They noted that the Ejura Ministerial Committee indicted some Government officials for attempting to mislead the committee. This the family is of the opinion that should be a cause for concern.
It will be recalled that, Kaaka, a social activist based in Ejura in the Ashanti region was attacked in June this year by unidentified men. He died at Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital after two days admission. Youth in Ejura accused the MCE who had earlier warned Kaaka to stop his activism.
Kaaka's burial saw a clash between the youth and security officers leading to the shooting and killing of two young men by the millitary.
The president asked the interior minister to launch a full scale investigation into the riots. The committee completed its investigation but the recommendations are yet to be implememted
Content created and supplied by: CitizenOne (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More