3. Bayern Munich's new manager is younger than their captain Manuel Neuer. 33-year-old Julian Nagelsmann has landed the biggest job in German club football from next season.
4. Tottenham striker Harry Kane was crowned Premier League Player of the Year at the London Football Awards, while Chelsea's Fran Kirby won WSL Player of the Year.
5. Liverpool still plan to sign RB Leipzig's 21-year-old French defender Ibrahima Konate for £40m this summer, despite posting a pre-tax loss of £46m.
6. Real Madrid registered just one shot on target versus Chelsea; since 2003-04, only versus Paris Saint-Germain (0) in September 2019 have they had fewer in a UEFA Champions League game.
7. Barcelona are keen on signing Juventus and Netherlands centre-back defender Matthijs de Ligt, 21.
8. Phil Foden's mum: “He was the cheapest kid ever. Just get him a wind ball and he’d be happy. He didn’t care about anything else. No games, no toys, nothing, just a football."
9. Former Inter CEO Ernesto Paolillo reveals why he will never forgive José Mourinho and says Massimo Moratti refused to hire Antonio Conte because he ‘didn’t want a juventino.’
10. The German Football Association is to begin talks with outgoing Bayern Munich head coach Hansi Flick over replacing Joachim Low as national boss.
11. Julian Nagelsmann after the official statement: “I always wanted to join FC Bayern, it’s a unique opportunity for me”. Jesse Marsch is set to become the new RB Leipzig manager - ten Hag was also in the list.
12. Inter Milan have joined the race for Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero, 32. The Argentina international will leave City in the summer when his contract expires.
13. Bayern Munich have set a minimum fee of £69million in order to part ways with Robert Lewandowski, it has been claimed. The Poland international has been linked with a move away from the Allianz Arena ahead of the summer transfer window.
14. The red card Fabian Balbuena received against Chelsea for a challenge on Ben Chilwell has been rescinded.
15. Chelsea boss Thomas Tuchel has conceded his regret at his side's failure to go in at the break ahead as they had to settle for a 1-1 draw in the first-leg of their Champions League semi-final with Real Madrid.
16. Zinedine Zidane said he was pleased with Real Madrid’s performance in their Champions League semi-final first leg against Chelsea.
17. Real Madrid winger Eden Hazard was happy to see the field against his old side Chelsea in a Champions League encounter on Tuesday.
18. Thomas Tuchel was left frustrated with Chelsea's finishing in the 1-1 draw with Real Madrid, saying Timo Werner missing big chances does not help.
19. N'Golo Kanté contested more duels (21) and completed more take-ons (6) than any other player on the pitch during Real Madrid 1-1 Chelsea.
20. Igor Tudor could replace Andrea Pirlo if Juventus lose against Udinese, and according to reports in Italy, the relationship between them has collapsed.
21. Jurgen Klopp could attempt to sign Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund if Mohamed Salah leaves Liverpool this summer.
22. UEFA is urgently seeking reports from Turkey after the country went into lockdown in a bid to stem a surge in coronavirus cases just five weeks before the Champions League final is due to be played there.
23. According to several reports in Italy, Inter players will give up on their title-winning bonuses to help the club during their financial problems.
24. Borussia Dortmund are set to double Jude Bellingham's wages in a bid to fend off Chelsea's approach, according to reports.
25. Diego Maradona's doctors could be charged with manslaughter as a medical report highlights the Napoli legend did not receive proper medical care.
26. Manchester United star Bruno Fernandes has expressed his interest in managing the club when he retires.
27. Fabio Capello is surprised by Chelsea’s performance against Real Madrid and praises Karim Benzema: ‘He scored a great goal and ran for Casemiro as well.’
28. Thomas Tuchel has admitted a lack of "composure and precision" in front of goal cost Chelsea a potentially-decisive Champions League semi-final first leg victory at Real Madrid.
Keeping you abreast with the latest in World Class Sports. Welcome.
Why don't you share this with your friends, this might just be what someone needs to end all football related debates.
Please like and follow me for more updates and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading and stay safe.
Content created and supplied by: allround.news (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More