Meanwhile Sheffield United are struggling and will be extremely keen to continue their cup run, to try and gain some confidence in their bleak battle against the drop.
Here is the all-important statistics ahead of the FA Cup quarter final:
- Chelsea have won four of their five FA Cup games against Sheffield United, keeping a clean sheet in each of those victories.
- The Blades' last win away to Chelsea came in a Premier League match on 31 October 1992, when Brian Deane scored the decisive goal in a 2-1 victory.
Chelsea defeated Sheffield United 2-1 in one of their first matches in the Thomas Tuchel era back in February.
- The Yorkshire side are winless in their subsequent four games at Stamford Bridge (D1, L3).
- Chelsea have reached the FA Cup quarter-finals for the 15th time in 21 seasons - more than any other side during that period.
- They have lost just three of 14 quarter-final ties this century, including a solitary home defeat against Arsenal in 2003.
- Victory would send the Blues through to the semi-finals for the fourth time in five seasons.
- The Londoners have won 19 of their last 23 FA Cup games at Stamford Bridge, including each of the last four.
- The Blades last reached the semi-finals in 2014, when they were a third-tier side.
- The Yorkshire club have won their past three FA Cup away games.
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More