The Guinness World Record is a world recognized authority that officially measures superlative records of people, animals and nature. To make it to the list means you would have done or set a super record. This article looks at 5 impressive records.
1. The Shortest Woman: The shortest woman living is Jyoti Amge who was born on 16 Dec 1993 in India. She measured 62.8 cm (24.7 in). She is currently an Indian actress and it's officially the world shortest woman.
2. Most Career Goals (football): The most goals scored in a specified period is 1,279 by Edson Arantes do Nascimento popularly called World Pele. He scored this within a period from 7th Sep 1956 to 1 Oct 1977 in a total of 1,363 games. His best year was 1959 with 126 goals. It's impossible for even Christiano Ronaldo or Lionel Messi to even achieve that.
3. The widest mouth: This Guinness World Record belongs to an African Francisco Domingo Joaquim from Angola. His mouth measured 17 cm (6.69 in). The 31-year-old, who is also known as the Angolan Jaw of Awe, was tracked for two years by Guinness Records before they officially confirmed. He put his elastic skills to the test at the Big Mouth tournament in Rome this month.
4. The longest nose on a living person: The longest nose measures 8.8 cm (3.46 in) from the bridge to the tip and belongs to Mehmet Özyürek (Turkey). It was measured on the set of Lo Show dei Record in Rome, Italy, on 18 March 2010. The 71-year-old man has an impressive appendage and is officially the man with longest nose on earth.
5. Oldest person living: At the moment of writing, the overall record for the oldest person living belongs to Kane Tanaka. She was born in Fukuoka, Japan, in 1903. She was confirmed by Guinness World Records as the oldest person living at the beginning of 2019.
Kane, who is now aged 118, is only fours years shy of breaking the record of oldest person ever, which currently belongs to the Jeanne Louise Calment (France), who was born on 21 February 1875 and died aged 122.
Content created and supplied by: Currentworldnews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More