2. Former Portugal defender Fernando Meira says Cristiano Ronaldo's was wrong to throw his captain's armband to the ground. "Cristiano's reaction is natural, but it's not acceptable from the national team captain. "You can't throw the armband on the ground and head into the dressing room while the game is still going on." "It's not acceptable behaviour for a player of his stature.
4. Robert Lewandowski now has 47 goals in 42 games for club and country this season.
5. Sergio Ramos: "Of course Gareth Bale was great, but it's a pity that his body was weak. He easily sustained injuries but when he was fully fit he was equal to Cristiano Ronaldo."
6. Kai Havertz has admitted that "things haven't been going smoothly" for him since joining Chelsea while pointing out that he needed a period of adjustment after leaving Germany.
7. Plans for a second-tier European competition and a women’s FIFA Club World Cup are included in the European Club Association’s (ECA) first-ever strategy for women’s football, which launched on Monday.
8. Inter Miami CF owner David Beckham is reportedly targeting a shock move for Real Sociedad midfielder David Silva this summer.
9. Luis Enrique joked that he was "on the verge of a heart attack” after his Spain side needed a last-minute winner to beat Georgia in a World Cup qualifier on Sunday.
10. David Alaba’s priority, Real Madrid. Verbal agreement, pre-contract almost ready and €12m/season until 2025. Until it’s signed, everything is open as always with free agents. Many clubs are trying to convince Alaba in recent weeks but Real are still leading the race.
11. Cristiano Ronaldo will be given a new role by Real Madrid when he retires, according to reports.
12. Mason Mount is the first Chelsea player to score or assist in three consecutive England appearances since Frank Lampard, who did so in seven in a row in a run ending in May 2013.
13. Arsenal and Real Madrid have reportedly agreed to talk about Martin Odegaard at the end of the season. However, for Edu, that’s a mistake. The Gunners supremo would be better off striking a deal now to avoid paying more at a later date, especially with links to Chelsea and Liverpool starting to arise.
14. England manager Gareth Southgate has backed Thierry Henry's decision to quit social media and asked his players to consider doing the same.
15. Harry Kane has now scored at 17 different stadiums while playing for England; only Michael Owen (25) and Wayne Rooney (27) have ever done so at more for The Three Lions.
16. Bayern Münich are working to extend Leon Goretka’s contract and they’ve already decided that Douglas Costa will not be signed on a permanent deal. The Brazilian winger will come back at Juventus.
17. Former Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe believes England forward Harry Kane, 27, has to leave Spurs if he wants to win trophies.
18. Barcelona want to extend Dembele's contract beyond his current deal, which runs until 2022.
19. Nick Pope has kept a clean sheet in all six of his appearances for England; the first time a goalkeeper hasn't conceded in any of his first six games for The Three Lions.
20. Juventus are willing to use 27-year-old Argentina forward Paulo Dybala, whose contract runs out in June 2022, as part of a swap deal for a number of targets, including Manchester United and France midfielder Paul Pogba, 28.
21. France keeper Hugo Lloris, 34, is unlikely to leave Tottenham this summer, despite his current deal coming to an end in summer 2022.
22. Liverpool will prepare a £15m bid to try to sign Turkey goalkeeper Ugurcan Cakir from Trabzonspor, with RB Leipzig and Sevilla also interested in the 24-year-old.
23.Former Arsenal defender Bacary Sagna says he "would not be surprised" if Spain right-back Hector Bellerin, 26, leaves the club.
24. Toni Kroos is set to retire from internationals after this summer's European Championships.
25. Liverpool are reportedly confident Mohamed Salah will stay at the club ahead of the summer transfer window, amid speculation linking the Egyptian star with a move to Real Madrid.
26. USA boss Gregg Berhalter is convinced Christian Pulisic will play a major role in Chelsea's push for a top four finish.
27. In Italy’s 2022 World Cup qualifying group, Switzerland’s game against Lithuania was delayed because one of the goals was the wrong size. The bizarre incident occurred just before kick-off, as the UEFA officials during their pitch inspector spotted the goalposts were 5-10cm too high.
28. Thomas Muller admits he would have 'no problem' quitting Bayern Munich - just like old pal Thiago Alcantara.
29. Portugal boss Fernando Santos revealed 'embarrassed' Dutch referee Danny Makkelie apologised to him after his incredible blunder which denied Cristiano Ronaldo's last-minute goal against Serbia.
30. Thomas Tuchel has reportedly asked Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich to consider using Timo Werner as part of a swap deal for Borussia Dortmund striker Erling Braut Haaland.
31. Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero is reportedly at the centre of a three-way transfer tussle between Barcelona, Juventus and Paris Saint-Germain.
32. Real Madrid are reportedly only prepared to offer Sergio Ramos a one-year contract extension amid speculation surrounding his Bernabeu future.
33. Manchester United are sweating over the fitness of Anthony Martial after the forward suffered an injury in France's 2-0 win over Kazakhstan in World Cup Qualifying on Sunday.
Keeping you abreast with the latest in World Class Sports. Welcome.
Why don't you share this with your friends, this might just be what someone needs to end all football related debates.
Please like and follow me for more updates and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading and stay safe.
Content created and supplied by: allround.news (via Opera News )