Before you proceed with this article kindly follow me by clicking on the follow option
Guinea worm is a parasitic worm infection of the subcutaneous and deeper tissues by a large nematode. It begins when a blister appears on the lower limbs with an adult gravid female worm ready to discharge its larvae with a causative called Dracunculus Medinensis.
Mode Of Transmission
People become infected with guinea worm by drinking contaminated water infested by the larvae of the guinea worm.
Signs Of Symptoms Of Guinea Worm Infestation
1. Intense pain localized to its path of travel
7. Burning sensation around the infected part
How do we prevent Guinea Worm?
1. Provision of safe and adequate water supply such as pipe borne water and ensuring its usage
2. Prevent infected persons from entering into source of water
3. Boiling water from dams, rivers etc before drinking
4. Use of draw water instead of step wells
5. Filtering of water before consumption, hence hunters should abreast themselves with straw filters whilst the households should also abreast with material filters
6. Extracting the emerging worm from infected persons
7. Control water snail populations in ponds, tanks, dams, reservoirs and step-wells by using insecticides such as temephos (abate) which is very infective and safe
8. And finally, health education should be provided to the people especially those in endemic areas.
Thank you for reading my article just complete this by liking and commenting on it below
Content created and supplied by: jjlobationisamaestro (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More