1. Liverpool fans want transfer chief Michael Edwards to cash in on Mohamed Salah now after the Reds fell to a 1-0 defeat against Southampton.
2. Paul Ince has claimed the jury is still out on Bruno Fernandes being a top player at Manchester United, despite the playmaker's incredible impact on the club since signing one year ago.
3. Rio Ferdinand has admitted he would have loved Manchester United to sign Arsenal captain Pierre Emerick Aubameyang. The Gunners spent around £56million to sign the former Borussia Dortmund in the January window three years ago.
4. Southampton manager Ralph Hasenhuttl was in tears after his team beat Liverpool.
5. Manchester United have promoted former player Darren Fletcher to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's first team coaching staff.
6. Jurgen Klopp said it was baffling that Liverpool were not awarded a penalty in their 1-0 loss at Southampton and claimed other teams would not have been denied by the officials.
7. Jadon Sancho lost fluency over transfer speculation linking him with a move to Manchester United in the summer, says Dortmund's CEO Hans Joachim Watzke.
8. Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher does not want his good friend Steven Gerrard to replace Jurgen Klopp when the German boss decides his time at Anfield is up. Rangers manager Gerrard has hinted that he would like to return to his former side once he has completed his job at Ibrox.
10. Former Manchester United defender Phil Neville has revealed that he is in agreement with brother Gary over the captaincy credentials of talisman Bruno Fernandes.
11. It is inevitable that the EFL will have to temporarily suspend fixtures, according to Rochdale chief executive David Bottomley.
12. Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich ought to consider how Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta and Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer have turned things around as he considers Frank Lampard's future at Stamford Bridge, reckons Danny Murphy.
13. Belgium midfielder Kevin de Bruyne, is set to reject Manchester City's first contract offer and is concerned by the pace of negotiations with the club over a new five year deal.
14. Glenn Hoddle has told Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho he should return to Southampton once again in 2021 so he can sign his missing link: James Ward Prowse.
15. Thiago conceded as many fouls in the opening two minutes (2) as the entire Southampton side conceded in the first half against Liverpool.
16. AC Milan are not resting on their healthy position in Serie A, with the Rossoneri making a move for Strasbourg defender Mohamed Simakan.
17. Chelsea are willing to give Frank Lampard more time as manager, but the situation is under constant review, with Thomas Tuchel, Max Allegri, Brendan Rodgers and Ralph Hasenhuttl considered the primary options if he is dismissed.
18. Barcelona star Ansu Fati has undergone regenerative biological treatment on a knee injury as his recovery remains on track.
19. Former Chelsea striker Andriy Shevchenko, currently in charge of the Ukraine national team, is also being considered as a replacement for Frank Lampard.
20. Kevin De Bruyne believes Manchester City are starting to approach their peak, with the Belgium star stating that Pep Guardiola's team were not ready for the start of the 2020/21 campaign.
21. The form of Ivorian defender Eric Bailly, 26, could convince Manchester United not to pursue another centre back this month.
22. Rio Ferdinand has revealed he played while drunk for West Ham against Arsenal when he was a teenager.
23. Tottenham have put non urgent contract talks on ice, including negotiations with South Korea forward Son Heung min, during this Covid pandemic period.
24. Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has demanded a reaction from his players following their shock loss to Southampton. You know exactly what you are going to get from them, you cannot be surprised, but we looked surprised. At the beginning, how we played, where we lost the balls, it is not rocket science. We should have done much better. We played into their hands with the start.
25. Bayern Munich and Austria utility player David Alaba's wage demands are proving a stumbling block with regard to the 28 year old's prospective move to Real Madrid.
26. Rio Ferdinand has said he does not care if Paul Pogba departs Manchester United in the summer, as he believes the club should go all out for Aston Villa star Jack Grealish.
27. Barcelona's top three transfer targets are Georginio Wijnaldum, 30, Manchester City and lEric Garcia, 19, and Lyon and Memphis Depay, 26. But they face a difficult task to land them during the January transfer window and are more likely to target free transfers in the summer, when all three are out of contract.
28. Samuel Umtiti has returned to first team training with Barcelona having sat out Sunday’s La Liga victory over Huesca.
29. Arsenal are investigating a possible player plus cash deal for Buendia, to try and persuade Norwich to sell the highly rated midfielder, with 21 year old English midfielders Joe Willock and Reiss Nelson among the players they are prepared to offer the Canaries.
30. Barcelona and Real Madrid have received confirmation on the details of their Spanish Supercopa semi finals against Real Sociedad and Athletic Club respectively next week.
31. Jamie Carragher admits he would be tougher with his criticism if another manager was responsible for Chelsea's dip, but refused to add to the mounting pressure on Frank Lampard, instead highlighting a potential lack of experience at the top level.
32. Barcelona have confirmed two members of their first team coaching staff have tested positive for Coronavirus in the last 24 hours.
33. Manchester United will allow Paul Pogba to join Juventus in a swap deal, but do not want Aaron Ramsey in return.
34. Merih Demiral is reportedly unhappy with his lack of game time and is considering leaving Juventus in January, but the Old Lady are not willing to sell.
35. Borussia Dortmund chief Michael Zorc has admitted he does not rule out the possibility of Julian Brandt leaving the club during January amid interest from Arsenal.
36. Marseille coach Andre Villas Boas confirms the Ligue 1 giants are interested in Napoli striker Arkadiusz Milik. But it will be hard to sign him.
37. Georginio Wijnaldum will be a free agent at Liverpool this summer which has reportedly left Anfield officials stunned.
38. Milan and Juventus meet at San Siro on Wednesday, but both teams are expected to be without several key players. The Old Lady have Alvaro Morata and Alex Sandro out of action. Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Ismael Bennacer, Matteo Gabbia and Alexis Saelemaekers trained separately yesterday and are all likely to miss the San Siro clash.
39. Celtic have insisted their controversial sunshine trip to Dubai was approved by the Scottish Government, following calls from Holyrood for the matter to be investigated by the Scottish Football Association.
40. According to Sky Sport, Atalanta are in no rush to part ways with Papu Gomez and are not going to sell him on the cheap, especially to their Serie A rivals, including Inter and Milan.
41. The Uruguayan players union has called for the Football Association to overturn its ban on Edinson Cavani and accused the English governing body itself of being racist.
42. Roma have begun talks with Lille to sign Zeki Celik.
43. According to reports in Italy, Luciano Spalletti has turned down an offer from the Chilean Federation and will not accept a new job before his contract with Inter expires in June.
QUESTION OF THE DAY
Looking at the dip in form of the Chelsea team with regards to their defensive midfield roles. Pundits are weighing how Thomas Partey would perfectly fit into the Chelsea team. Do you think he has what it takes to be in the Chelsea set-up?
Keeping you abreast with the latest in sports.
Why don't you share this with your friends, this might just be what someone needs to end all football related debates.
Please like and follow me for more updates and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading and stay safe.
Content created and supplied by: allround.news (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More