1. Cristiano Ronaldo is not negotiating a new contract with Juventus, as of today. Club now waiting for Ronaldo and his agent Jorge Mendes to decide if leaving Juventus this summer or not. Cristiano is still under contract with Juventus until June 2022 [€31m net/season].
2. Juan Román Riquelme: “Argentina are the favorites to win the Copa America because they have the best in the world."
3. Achraf Hakimi agent confirms deal set to be completed with PSG: “When you’re leaving Inter, you’re always sad... it’s normal”, he said after meeting with Inter board yesterday.
4. Jordan Pickford has not conceded a single goal at the European Championships.England are the only team with a 100% clean sheet record.
5. In 2006, Andriy Shevchenko captained Ukraine to their first ever World Cup quarter-final. I'm EURO2020, Andriy Shevchenko has just managed Ukraine to their first ever European Championship quarter-final.
6. PSG in talks to sign Lazio attacker Joaquin Correa - Serie A side value the player at €45m, Les Parisiens would like to include Pablo Sarabia in a deal, talks a little blocked but heading towards Lazio being open to a player coming the other way.
7. Liverpool are expected to start their pre-season for the 2021/22 campaign on July 12, however, the club is still yet to announce a full plan or tour.Covid-19 restrictions and uncertainty from the UK government has left the club unsure of how to proceed. Visiting clubs from abroad would likely have to quarantine, which makes arranging fixtures challenging.
8. Aston Villa are hopeful of tying captain Jack Grealish, 25, down to a new £150,000-a-week deal amid interest from Premier League champions Manchester City in the England midfielder.
9. Juventus have entered the race to sign Arsenal midfielder Granit Xhaka with Serie A rivals Roma also said to be interested in the 28-year-old Switzerland captain.
10. Emil Forsberg is the first Swedish player to score in three consecutive major tournament appearances since Kennet Andersson at the 1994 World Cup, who is also the only Swedish player to net more at a single major tournament than Forsberg's 4 at EURO2020 (5 in 1994).
11. Villa also remain keen on Chelsea's England striker Tammy Abraham, 23, whose £40m price-tag will be too expensive for West Ham.
12. After 15 years, Joachim Low's era as Germany's head coach comes to an end, 2014 World Cup, 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup and Euro 2008 runners up.
13. Kalvin Phillips regained possession of the ball 11 times against Germany, the most by an England player in a EUROs match since Tony Adams did so 13 times, also against Germany, at EURO 1996.
14. Barcelona and Marseille have reached an agreement on the transfer of Konrad de la Fuente for three million euros according to Mundo Deportivo.
15. Hellas Verona and Czech Republic midfielder Antonin Barak thinks Simon Kjaer ‘should become the next Milan captain’.
16. Atalanta are reportedly in advanced talks with Udinese over a deal for goalkeeper Juan Musso and are close to completing a deal worth €20m.
17. Gareth Southgate's tactical tweaks were vindicated by England's triumph over Germany on Tuesday, but the manager admitted he knows he would have been "dead" if he had got it wrong.
18. Giovanni Di Lorenzo said Italy ‘know Romelu Lukaku is a great striker’ but pointed out that Belgium have ‘many strong players’ ahead of the quarter-final on Friday.
19. Raheem Sterling has joined Gary Lineker as the only players to score each of England's first three goals of a major tournament.
20. Ex-England defender Stuart Pearce has hit out at Liverpool for denying Mohamed Salah a chance to play at the 2020 Olympic Games.
21. The 29-year-old wanted to be part of the Egypt team in the competition that will be held in Tokyo, Japan.However, the Reds are reluctant to let one of their key players leave considering the fact that they want all their players fit to challenge for the Premier League title next season.
22. Serena Williams' hopes of an eighth Wimbledon title are over after an ankle injury forced the world number eight to retire from her first-round match with Aliaksandra Sasnovich.
23. Jose Mourinho admits that a "childish" trait cost Memphis Depay at Manchester United, but the Portuguese claims to have always believed in the Dutch forward's ability and is backing him to shine at Barcelona."I believe the Barcelona culture of football will help him to live long in this important part of his career."Good memories of him and I repeat: he was a good professional."
24. Raheem Sterling described England’s 2-0 Euro 2020 win against Germany as “a special moment” and said the focus was now on Saturday’s quarter-final against Ukraine in Rome.
25. Atletico Madrid have reportedly told Manchester United-linked midfielder Saul Niguez that he is free to leave the club should a suitable offer come in.
26. Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola reportedly has no problem parting ways with Gabriel Jesus in order to boost his side's chances of landing Harry Kane.
27. Jadon Sancho done deal; Sancho finally signs for Manchester United, MUFC.
28. Lionel Messi's contract with the Catalan club, FC Barcelona expired tonight, 30th June 2021. Messi is set to be without a club for the first time in 17 years. Messi is no longer a Barca player and as at now, the number 10 jersey is vacant at Barcelona.
Keeping you abreast with the latest in World Class Sports. Welcome.
Why don't you share this with your friends, this might just be what someone needs to end all football related debates.
Please like and follow me for more updates and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading and stay safe.
Content created and supplied by: allround.news (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More