Aurelio De Laurentiis is the president of the Nobel Italian Club, Napoli. We all love Napoli for their long run in the Italian Seria A and the signing of Diego Maradona.
"I told them lads, don’t talk to me about Africans anymore." I love them, but either they sign something confirming they’ll back out of playing the Africa Cup of Nations, or otherwise, between that tournament and the World Cup qualifiers in South America, these players are never available!
We are the idiots who pay salaries only to send them all over the world playing for others. " says Aurelio De Laurentiis,who's Napoli's president. Taking a close look at his statement,he doesn't like the fact that the African players leave their various European clubs during the season to go represent their African countries in the Afcon tournament, and he isn't signing any other African player until that player decides to not participate in the Afcon.
Do you agree with him?
We all saw how top European clubs such as Liverpool FC tried to not allow their African players to participate in the Afcon which took place at the beginning of the year.
I don't think this should be an issue because all European players go to their various European countries to represent them when it's time for the Euros, so I don't agree with the Napoli president.
The Napoli board have tried to convince him to change his thoughts but he isn't giving good feedback and he was asked to sell the club but he also disagreed. "They see that football is a great opportunity and they can double their investment by selling clubs to investment funds in the future." That’s what Milan and Inter have done, right?
I am assailed by funds. I can’t take it anymore. In 2017-18, an American fund offered me $900m to sell Napoli. But they don’t realise I am this pure entrepreneur who enjoys playing the game, so let me keep playing."says the Napoli President.
As of now, Napoli has two top African players, Victor Oshimen of Nigeria and Zambo Aguinssa of Cameroon.
Should these players choose Napoli over their African countries?
What you see are some comments made by some African football fans.
- Aug 2, 2022 20:58 at 8:58 pm
- He’s such a moron – AFCON is once every 2 years and they play for like 3/4 weeks? Not a big deal
- love italian lague
- Aug 2, 2022 21:12 at 9:12 pm
- this is how they all start. but you can buy south American player that also do the same
- Aug 2, 2022 21:13 at 9:13 pm
- Such a stupid man and comment
- Aug 2, 2022 21:53 at 9:53 pm
- This was a very foolish and selfish thing to say…I am utterly disappointed
- Aug 2, 2022 21:58 at 9:58 pm
- I guess it won’t be long before Osimhen or any ambitious player leave the club UNLESS… Napoli gets an owner who actually wants to win big trophies. His comments is the definition of double standards and so stupid of him to think that anything good will come out of it
- Aug 2, 2022 22:01 at 10:01 pm
- Hope this means no Napoli players to team Italy either, as otherwise it just does not hold water.
Content created and supplied by: We_See (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More