2. Zinedine Zidane has reached the Champions League semi-finals for the fourth time as a coach (all with Real Madrid), more than any other French manager in the competition history (Arsene Wenger 3).
4. Real Madrid have faced Chelsea more often without winning than any other side in their entire history, failing to win in all three games against them (D1 L2), while their upcoming semi-final encounter will be their first ever UEFA Champions League meeting.
5. Thibaut Courtois (50 appearances in Champions League) has saved 27 of the last 34 shots on target he has faced for Real Madrid in all competitions (seven goals conceded).
6. Nacho Fernández has made 11 clearances in this game against Liverpool at Anfield (seven headed clearences), the most by a Real Madrid player in a match this season in all competitions.
7. Jude Bellingham is the second-youngest player to score in a UEFA Champions League knockout game, after Bojan for Barcelona against Schalke in April 2008 (17y 217d).
8. Riyad Mahrez's penalty ended a run of 14 appearances without scoring in the UEFA Champions League for Manchester City, with this being his first goal in the competition since September 2019 v Shakhtar Donetsk.
9. Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola has reached his eighth UEFA Champions League semi-final, now the joint-most in the history of the competition, alongside José Mourinho.
10. Zinedine Zidane post-match: "We knew how to suffer tonight, but I think that to get through a quarter-final that’s normal. We deserved to go through, but we knew we had to suffer. We controlled the match well, we fought as a team and I’m happy for the players."
11. Casemiro: "I'm very happy to win this trophy! But it's not just mine, it's thanks to the effort of the whole team. We're in the semi-finals! We're going to fight for everything. For the league, for the UCL, we can do it."
12. Real Madrid players will have a day off today and will train on Friday to prepare for the next game.
13. The Real Madrid team bus was stoned on the way to Anfield last night, according to Marca.
14. The attack on the Real Madrid bus smashed the outside windows but did not manage to break the inner windows. No individuals on the bus were injured in the attack. Witnesses say the area of most damage to the bus occurred next to where Zinedine Zidane was sitting.
15. Barcelona are in talks to sign Manchester City striker Sergio Aguero as a free agent this summer, according to Fabrizio Romano.
16. Atletico Madrid are worried that Luis Suarez may decide to leave the club this summer as other clubs may seduce him, report El Mundo Deportivo.
17. Real Madrid are optimistic that Eden Hazard, Raphael Varane and Dani Carvajal will be fully ready for the semi-final tie against Chelsea.
18. Ansu Fati will not undergo another surgery after improving with Dr. Ramon Cugat's therapy.
19. Barcelona duo Oscar Mingueza and Riqui Puig clauses will be triggered to extend both contracts until June 2023.
20. Marco Verrati’s girlfriend Jessica Aidi trolled Bayern Munich forward Thomas Muller after ParisSaintGermain advanced to the semi-finals.
21. Neymar on Kylian Mbappé: "He taught me a lot in terms of how to "be French." He explained to me the French mentality. I owe a large part of adapting well to him, and consequentially, my happiness here."
22. Neymar has decided to become a professional poker player once his football career is over: "I play nearly everyday... I will be able to travel to play in the tournaments that I've always wanted to participate in but was not able to because of my career."
23. Hansi Flick is expected to leave Bayern Munich at the end of the season and take over as Germany manager in the summer, according to Sky Germany.
24. There are reports UEFA could either scrap the away goals rule entirely, or at least remove it for fixtures that go into extra time.
25. Former Inter and Italy striker Alessandro Altobelli is surprised by Romelu #Lukaku, but says he is now on the same level as Robert Lewandowski, Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé.
26. Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola hailed the club's 'incredible' achievement after Phil Foden's strike against Dortmund secured a place in the Champions League semi-finals for the first time under his leadership.
27. Manchester United have been fined €7,000 by UEFA after five of their players were booked in last week's 2-0 Europa League win over Granada, with three of those now facing suspensions.Three players - Paul Pogba, Scott McTominay and Luke Shaw - were all booked in the first half alone, with Harry Maguire and Nemanja Matic followed them in the second period.
28. West Ham have been dealt a blow in their pursuit for Jesse Lingard after Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer spoke of his desire of keeping the in-form midfielder next season.
29. Real Madrid remain confident that they can sign PSG superstar Kylian Mbappe this summer, according to reports.
30. Zlatan Ibrahimovic could face a three-year ban - and perhaps an early end to his football career - because of his partnership with a Malta-based betting company, according to reports coming out of his native Sweden.
31. Arsenal are unlikely to offer Brazil centre-back David Luiz a new deal, with boss Mikel Arteta keen to give French defender William Saliba more chances in pre-season after his loan at Nice ends.
32. Porn star Shona River has claimed she provided escort services for three Manchester United stars - alleging that one of them took back €200 from her to pay for a pizza.
🍷🍷 The Home of Quality and reliable football News.
Please click the follow button to receive daily soccer updates.
Content created and supplied by: allround.news (via Opera News )