1. Atletico Madrid boss Diego Simeone remains confident his side are still in a strong position in the La Liga title race despite seeing their lead cut this weekend.
2. José Mourinho has suffered 10 league defeats in a single season for the first time in his entire managerial career.
3. Christian Pulisic admits that the 2020-21 campaign has "not been easy" for him, but the USMNT star is "feeling very good" at present and looking to finish the season with a flourish.
5. Andrea Pirlo gives himself ‘six out of 10’ for his debut Juventus season and admits his style of football has not been ‘fully implemented’ yet.
6. Xavi Simons will receive a new contract proposal soon from Paris Saint-Germain after his professional debut. The board hopes to keep him offering a new long-term contract [current one expires in 2022]. Mino Raiola has always been ‘close’ to Simons since he was at Barçelona.
7. Real Madrid do the La Liga double over Barcelona for the first time since 2007-08.They went on to win the title that season.
8. In 2011-12, Antonio Conte led Juventus to their first Serie A title since 2003, finishing the season unbeaten. Juventus have been champions every year since, becoming the first team in a top-five European league to win nine in a row.Now, Conte's Inter are about to end the streak.
9. Atletico Madrid star Joao Felix looks set for another spell on the sidelines after suffering an injury in their 1-1 La Liga draw with Real Betis.
10. Barcelona will aim to commit rising star Pedri to a new long-term contract this summer as they aim to ward off growing transfer interest in the 18-year-old.
12. Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group have one trick up their sleeve as they look to land Ibrahima Konate this summer. The Anfield officials used a similar ploy when they signed Christian Benteke from Aston Villa back in 2015.
13. Jadon Sancho returned to training for Borussia Dortmund on Sunday as the forward closes in on his comeback to first-team action following a muscle injury.
14. No team has ever completed the Premier League double against Man Utd since Ole Gunnar Solskjaær took charge of the club. And they’ll all have to wait until next season to try again now.
15. Lionel Messi and Jesus Gil Manzano, the referee who replaced the injured Antonio Mateu Lahoz at the last minute for last night’s Clasico, had a heated exchange during the game according to Mundo Deportivo.
16. Jose Mourinho is planning a possible reunion with former Belgium midfielder Marouane Fellaini by bringing him to Spurs. The 33-year-old, who worked under Mourinho at Manchester United, has been with Chinese club Shandong Luneng since leaving Old Trafford in 2019.
17. Harry Kane "must be thinking" about a potential switch to Old Trafford according to Roy Keane, who says the Tottenham star "fancies" Manchester United.
18. Pundit Paul Merson has criticised Liverpool for 'falling over the line' against Aston Villa at the weekend, with the former player confused as to why Thiago Alcantara started the match on the bench.
19. Bayern Munich will attempt to bring Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp to the Bundesliga club in the summer if Hansi Flick leaves to take over as Germany boss.
20. Thomas Tuchel has said Kai Havertz will never be a fiery personality like Diego Costa was at Chelsea, but insisted the young attacker can still shine as a more subdued figure.
21. AC Milan manager Stefano Pioli about Fikayo Tomori: “We are so happy with Tomori, our plan with him is so clear. We want to confirm Fikayo and our plan is to keep him next season. Let’s see what happens with Chelsea”.
22. Paris St-Germain have contacted Mohamed Salah's representatives to talk about a summer move for Liverpool's 28-year-old Egypt forward.
23. Alexandre Lacazette is the sixth Frenchman to score 50 Premier League goals for a single club, with four of the six doing so for Arsenal (also Thierry Henry, Olivier Giroud and Robert Pires).
24. Mauricio Pochettino has approached Tottenham and England striker Harry Kane, 27, about the possibility of a reunion in the French capital.
25. "It's a mindset [Spurs] have had all season long and it's the one that's going to be the reason they don't get in the Champions League."
26. AC Milan will not consider selling 21-year-old forward Rafael Leao for anything less than 50m euros. The Portuguese has previously attracted the interest of Everton and Juventus.
27. Josip Ilicic admits Atalanta weren’t surprised at the Fiorentina comeback in this five-goal thriller. ‘We are known for this.’
28. 37 year old Arjen Robben returns to the pitch after being out injured for almost 6 months. He is now the second-oldest outfield player for FC Groningen in an Eredivisie game.
29. Gian Piero Gasperini believes the race for the top four will ‘go down to the wire’ after a 3-2 thriller at Fiorentina, explaining Atalanta’s tactical adjustments. ‘They barely need me now.’
30. A summer departure from Manchester United for Edinson Cavani will be complicated by a £2m clause in his contract. The 34-year-old Uruguay striker has been strongly linked with a move to Boca Juniors.
31. Manchester United are "obsessed" with signing Villarreal and Spain defender Pau Torres, 24, who is also wanted by Bayern Munich and Real Madrid.
32. Pep Guardiola insists he did not prioritise the Champions League ahead of Manchester City's surprise loss to 10-man Leeds.
33. Daniel Levy has already reportedly decided he will have to stick by Jose Mourinho next season because it will cost too much to sack him.
34. Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has affirmed that the club will fight hard to keep Edinson Cavani on the books for the 2021-22 season.
35. Atletico Madrid forward Luis Suarez is reportedly open to the idea of re-joining Liverpool this summer.
Keeping you abreast with the latest in World Class Sports. Welcome.
Why don't you share this with your friends, this might just be what someone needs to end all football related debates.
Please like and follow me for more updates and feel free to share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Thanks for reading and stay safe.
Content created and supplied by: allround.news (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More