Pre-Match Thread Chelsea vs Villarreal - UEFA Super Cup
CHELSEA vs VILLAREAL
UEFA Super Cup
11 August 2021, Wednesday
Kick Off: 20:00 BST / 15:00 EST / 12:00 PST / 7:00pm GMT
Venue: Windsor Park
Referee: Sergei Karasev
- Romelu Lukaku is not expected to feature even if his transfer gets completed in time.
- Villarreal should be spearheaded by Gerard Moreno, but attacker Samuel Chukwueze remains out with a hamstring injury.
- Fernando Nino, fresh from a horror tackle on Wesley Fofana which broke the Leicester man's leg, is also in contention.
- Players that has just returned from the Euros and Copa America are unlikely to start the match for Chelsea.
- The last time Chelsea won the UEFA Super Cup was in 1998 beating Real Madrid 1-0.
- Chelsea have lost three of their last three Uefa Super Cup matches.(Athletic Madrid, Bayern Munich and Liverpool)
HEAD TO HEAD
- This is the first time Chelsea and Villarreal have faced each other.
Content created and supplied by: MNS69 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More