Many people do not know the number of continents that are in the world. Do you really wonder how many continents there are in the world, then the below are the seven continents of the world.Namely: Africa, Antarctica, Europe, Asia, North America, South America and Australia. Note: Sometimes Europe and Asia are considered one continent called Eurasia.
- Number one on the list is Africa Africa is the world’s most largest and world’s most populous continent, after Asia in both cases, it covers 6% of earth’s total surface area and 20% of its land area. With 1.3 billion people as of 2018, it accounts for about 16% of world’s population. Africa population is the youngest amongst all the continents, the median age in 2012 was 19.7, when the worldwide median age was 30.4. Despite a wide range of natural resources, Africa is the least worthy continent per capita, in part due to geographic impediment.
- Antarctica.Antarctica, the southernmost continent and sit of the South Pole, is a virtually uninhabited, ice covered landmass. Most cruises to the content visit The Antarctica Peninsula which stretches towards South America.
- Europe. Europe is a continent located entirely in the North Hemisphere and mostly in the Eastern Hemisphere it comprises the westernmost peninsula of the continental landmass of Eurasia, and it’s boarded by the Arctic Ocean to the world.
- Asia. Asia is the largest and most populous continent located primarily in the Northern and Eastern Hemisphere. It shares the continental landmass of Eurasia with the continent of Europe and the continental landmass of Afro-Eurasia with both Europe and Africa.
- North America. North America is a continent entirely within the Northern Hemisphere and almost all within the Western Hemisphere. It can also be described as the Northern subcontinent of the Americans.
- South America. South America is a continent entirely is the Western Hemisphere and entirely in the Southern Hemisphere with a relatively small portion in the Northern Hemisphere. It can also be described as the southern subcontinent of the Americans.
- Australia.The continent of Australia, sometimes known in technical contexts by the names Sahul, Australinea, or Meganesia to distinguish it from the country of Australia, consist of the landmass which sit on Australia’s continental plates.
Like, Share and Follow me if u like this article
Content created and supplied by: Kojosteve1 (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More