The Institute for Economics and Peace has released the Global Peace Index for 2021.The index is a result of a study of 163 independent nations and territories around the world using several indicators. A total of 23 indicators were used to compile the latest list.
1. Mauritius: It tops the list of most peaceful nation in Africa. It is an Indian Ocean island nation, known for its beaches, lagoons and reefs. It is located in East Africa. It's capital town is Port Louis. It is ranked 28th globally with overall score of 1.592.
2. Ghana: The West African giant is ranked second. It is known for its natural resources and second leading country in cocoa production. It is known worldwide as one of the best democratic republic. The capital of Ghana is Accra. It is ranked 38th worldwide with a score of 1.715.
3. Botswana: It is ranked third in Africa. Botswana is a landlocked country in Southern Africa. It has a landscape defined by the Kalahari Desert and the Okavango Delta, which becomes a lush animal habitat during the seasonal floods. It is ranked the 41st peaceful country worldwide with a score of 1.772
4. Sierra Leone: It is ranked fourth. It is a country in West Africa, on the Atlantic Ocean. It’s known for the white-sand beaches lining the Freetown Peninsula. The capital city is Freetown. On global scale it is ranked 46th with a score of 1.813.
5. The Gambia: The Gambia ranked 5th is a small West African country, bounded by Senegal, with a narrow Atlantic coastline. It's known for its diverse ecosystems around the central Gambia River. It's capital is Banjul. With a score of 1.853, it is 53rd most peaceful nation in the world.
6. Senegal: With Dakar as its capital, the Francophone country is ranked 6th on the African continent. country in West Africa. It has a score of 1.864 and sits on the 54th position as the world most peaceful nation.
7. Tanzania: The East African country known for its vast wilderness areas is seventh on the list for Africa and 49th on the global scale for peaceful nations. Mountain Kilimanjaro is located here. It's capital is Dodoma. It amassed a score of 1.892.
8. Malawi: It is 8th on the list. With Lilongwe as it's capital city, the landlocked country is in southeastern Africa and is well known for its topography of highlands split by the Great Rift Valley and enormous Lake Malawi. It is the 59th most peaceful country in the world. It's total point was 1.909.
9. Equatorial Guinea: Ranked 9th in Africa, it is a Central African country comprising the Rio Muni mainland and 5 volcanic offshore islands. It's Capital is Malabo. On the global rank it is 62nd with a score of 1.915.
10. Namibia: Tenth on the list, this country is in southwest Africa. It is distinguished by the Namib Desert along its Atlantic Ocean coast. The capital is Windhoek. It is ranked the 65th most peaceful country in the world with a score of 1.927.
Nigeria rank 146 most peaceful in the world plus score of 2.712.
Sources : https://m.statisticstimes.com/ranking/global-peace-index.php
Content created and supplied by: Currentworldnews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More