Population is defined as the total number of people living in a specific geographical area at a given time. Here are a list of 10 Most populated countries in the world based on September 2021, Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data.
1. China: Located in the Asian continent, China is ranked first in the countries with the highest population. The current population of China is 1,445,887,865 (one billion four hundred and forty-five million, eight hundred and eighty-seven thousand, eight hundred and sixty-five) as of today, Tuesday, September 7, 2021, based on Worldometer elaboration of the latest United Nations data. China population is equivalent to 18.47% of the total world population.
2. India: They are ranked 2nd with a current population of 1,396,012,957 (one billion, three hundred and ninety-six million, twelve thousand, nine hundred and fifty-seven as at now is 2021. In 2020, the population of India was estimated at 1,380,004,385 people at mid year according to UN data. They constitute 17.7% of the world population.
3. United States of America : They are the third most populous country. Their current population is 333,294,290.(Three hundred and thirty three million, two hundred and ninety four thousand, two hundred and ninety). Their population is equivalent to 4.25% of the entire world population.
4. Indonesia: They are ranked fourth with a current population of 276,935,877. Their population in percentage is 3.51 to the population of the world.
5. Pakistan: The current population is 225,944,216. They are ranked fifth. Pakistan population is equivalent to 2.83% of the world.
6. Brazil: The current population of Brazil is 214,343,003. They are the ranked 6th on this list. Their population is equivalent to 2.73% of the total world population.
7. Nigeria: They are the only African country in the first 10. With a population of 212,150,989, Nigeria is the 7th country with most population in the world. Their population is equivalent to 2.64% of the total world population.
8. Bangladesh: Located in South Asia, they are placed 8th on the list with population of 166,625,285. They constitute 2.11% of the entire world population.
9. Russia: Vladmir Putin's Russia is the 9th most populated country in the world. They have a percentage of 1.87 and a total population of 146,008,399.
10. Mexico: The current population of Mexico is 130,530,898. The Latin America nation constitute 1.65% of the total world population.
Content created and supplied by: Currentworldnews (via Opera News )
Opera News is a free to use platform and the views and opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author and do not represent, reflect or express the views of Opera News. Any/all written content and images displayed are provided by the blogger/author, appear herein as submitted by the blogger/author and are unedited by Opera News. Opera News does not consent to nor does it condone the posting of any content that violates the rights (including the copyrights) of any third party, nor content that may malign, inter alia, any religion, ethnic group, organization, gender, company, or individual. Opera News furthermore does not condone the use of our platform for the purposes encouraging/endorsing hate speech, violation of human rights and/or utterances of a defamatory nature. If the content contained herein violates any of your rights, including those of copyright, and/or violates any the above mentioned factors, you are requested to immediately notify us using via the following email address operanews-external(at)opera.com and/or report the article using the available reporting functionality built into our Platform See More