Some basic students across Ghana cried for changes in their examination time table. From previous years the basic education certificate examination has been starting with English language. Some students of Ghana has noticed this tradition so has been learning towards this trends. According to some students in Arona swearing they did not download the right time tables .Per their times table the exams start with English language instead of social studies.
The West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) always advise students to desist from any form of examination malpractices. If a candidate is found in the examination hall with notes, textbooks, prepared materials or any other printed materials, the candidate’s entire results in the examination can be withheld.
There is news in circulation that Social Studies teachers are going to be left idle some time to come because it is reported that the Education Ministry will soon scrap the study of the subject in schools. In the light of this, the National Chairman of the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA), Dr. Prof Kwame Osei Kwarteng has rebutted the assertion that the subject will soon be removed from Ghana’s educational curriculum.
The National Science And Maths Quiz (NSMQ) ha brought a lot of attention to the two subjects namely, (Integrated) Science and Mathematics. Many students mostly complain of difficulty in learning the mathematics and mostly don't come out with high passes or grades. This year, the tables turned in both a positive and negative manner. Suprisingly, the Mathematics subject recorded the highest pass percentage being 65.71% and the Integrated Science paper recording the lowest, with 52.53%. The pass percentage leaves
After months of waiting for the West Africa Secondary School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) results, it has been finally released and the results were a little below expectations, considering the Free senior high school the candidates enjoyed. In the English Language, 57.34% passed while the rest of the 42.67% had D, E and F which means they failed to reach the passing point. In mathematics, the pass percentage was higher as 65.71% passed with the remaining 34.29% feel below the pass mark. Things were almost
The Basic Education Certificate Examination is set to commence today, 15th November, 2021 and will end on Friday 19th November, 2021. A total number of five hundred and seventy one thousand, eight hundred and ninety four(571,894) candidates are expected to sit for the exams today.
About 571,894 final-year junior high school (JHS) students are beginning their Basic Education Certificate Examinations (BECE) from today, Monday, November 15 and total of 531,707 and 517,332 sat for the paper in 2020 and 2019 respectively. A statement that was made by the Head of Public Relations of the Ghana Education Service, Mrs. Cassandra Twum Ampofo, pleaded with candidate to no engage in any form of malpractices.
“ 70% of the students cannot go to the Universities” : Kwesi Pratt scoffs at the results of the WASS
Kwesi Pratt scoffs at the claim that students did well in the just ended WASSCE 2020 with evidence. Indeed, Mr Kwesi Pratt throws into ridicule the claim that students who have just received the results of their Wassce, did well as far the results are concerned. With evidence quoted from research done by educationist and published in some News papers, Mr Pratt triggers in one of his submission on PanAfrica TV, these terms : “ 70% of the students cannot go to the University”. According to Mr Pratt, the passes
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) began the 2021 Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE) in all the various examination centers across the country. The officials of WAEC have been touring all the centers to combat any examination malpractice that may arise out of the process.
The zoomlion company in collaboration with government is set to Disinfect all schools in the country to pave way for the reopening of schools next Academic year Parents are waiting for the announcement by government when schools are going to open The Disinfection exercise will take place in all schools in the country. PPEs will be made available for all students, teachers and non teaching staff by government Ghana Education Service is yet to come out with the new academic calendar. New curriculum will be implemented
The Basic Education Certificate Examination Timetable for the 2021 Exam Year has been released by the West African Examinations Council to basic schools in the country to prepare towards the examinations. The Exam is to commence in September and since the First Semester Ended, the final years have written the first Mock Exams in some school within the country.
The Ghana Education Service (GES) as part of the government effort to support second cycle schools has distributed over 446,954 remedial materials to final year senior high schools (SHS), libraries and teachers to prepare for WASSCE. Speaking to the Daily Graphic Newspaper, Prof Kwasi Opoku-Amankwa, the Director-General of GES said the remedial materials contain packs of past questions from 2015 to 2020 and a guide on how to answer WASSCE questions.
One of the most common years in Ghana’s history known by every student, from Junior High School upwards is 1844.This is because in Social Studies, we learn about these years of significance and how they influenced directly or indirectly the attainment of independence from the British.
BECE 2021 Timetable Released The BECE 2021 Examination Timetable is Out, delivered by WAEC The West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) has delivered the authority BECE 2021 plan for fundamental school applicants. The assessment body has adjusted the standard schedule. From the new BECE Timetable, there have been a few changes, the competitors will compose Social Studies and French on Monday (the main day) not at all like the earlier years where they regularly fire it up with English Language and RME.
In as much as this year’s West African Senior Secondary Certificate Examination(WASSCE) didn’t go as it is every year due to the deadly Coronavirus pandemic which hit us, it appears that it did more good than harm on the side of the finally year students as majority of them came out successfully in their exam. A number of this students who are tagged as the ‘Akuffo-Addo’s Graduates’ following the free SHS policy which started with them have made their parents and Nana Addo proud by scoring all A’s.
What does the WASSCE 2020 Results mean? 2019 WASSCE Report: The results indicate that there were improvements in the performance of candidates in ALL the Four Key subjects required to enter tertiary. 2020 WASSCE Report: The results indicate that there were improvements in the performance of candidates in Two (Core Math & Core English) out of the Four Key Subjects required to enter tertiary. This is a simple summary from WAEC’s own reports. In the past 6 years, the average secondary to tertiary transition
Fosu College Of Education Admission List 2020/2021. Finally, Foso College of Education has released its 2020/2021 admission list. In this year’s admission, the college admitted students to pursue the Primary Education Vocational skills, RME and Performing Arts, Physical Education and Social Studies, and their already offered courses. JHS Education Mathematics and ICT, RME and Social Studies, Social Studies and RME, Ghanaian Language and English Language, English Language and Ghanaian Language, and Science
The Ghana Education Service GES in conjunction with the West Africa Education council has led down the various procedure to calculate the total aggregate for the just released Basic Education Certificate Examination BECE. The Service has reinterpreted the fact that all the four core subject are keenly important. This literally means that the total aggregate for the examination will be based on the sum of the following subject 1. English Language 2. Mathematics 3. Social Studies 4. Integrated Science. The remaining
The head office of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) in Ghana has released the provisional results of 375,763 candidates who sat for the WASSCE this year. The long awaited results have finally been made public and it's currently accessible on the WAEC official website, waecgh.org via voucher. The final results will soon be delivered to the candidates' various schools. A total of 976 schools entered for the examination, with a higher number of students more than the year 2019. Also many candidates
WASSCE 2020: 70% of Akuffo-Addo's free SHS graduates can't enter university - Counselor Daniel Fenyi
Counselor Daniel Fenyi, an educationist, has revealed that about 70% of SHS graduates who benefited from the free SHS might not have admission to university after the release of the results on Thursday. Considering the performance of the students, he is of the view that more than 60% of the students won't gain admission into university. Giving a mathematical breakdown of their performance, he said about 47.47% didn't pass Integrated Science and consequently cannot be admitted into the university. The other